Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

comical hunts

Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Default comical hunts

I am not one to talk much about my hunts, but today was so ridiculous that I have to share. Long story short by 5:45 I saw 5 deer, all unidentifiable because of distance but one had a nice body on it. immediatly after th deer came the turkeys and they made a ton of noise. They stayed until pitch black. So when they left I stood up and surveyed the field one more time, Nothing. So I lowered my bow and prepared myself to climb down, I use a Summit Climber.I get 6 feet from the ground and look to my left and a doe is standing in the field 10yrds from me, directly be hind her stands an 8 pointer. Then to kick me in the teeth even more the doe walks directly under me and the buck steps on my bow. It did not spook him, but he did walk around my tree instead of under me. So tomorrow another tree.
Thanks for reading and if you have anything like this lets hear it.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: comical hunts

lol. Never heard that one before. "the buck stepped on my bow".

Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow i would have waited till they walked by got my bow back up and stuck him man or was it to dark?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

too funny man. too funny!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

That's funny. the closest to that I got was almost getting ran over by a moose and her baby as a friend and I ran out of the barracks in Alaska into the parkinglot. Only Alaska can you be in the middle of town and get ran over by a moose.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 PM

I was conflicted if I should try to hoist the bow or not, but since the doe was only yrds away i decided not to for fear of being picked off and ruining the stand. after they got by I stood motionless in the stand in pitch black for 15 more minutes. I did not even remove my standI did not want to make any more noise then needed.