Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dilema!

Old 03-21-2003, 06:58 AM

Default Dilema!

Okay - so I am relatively new to bowhunting - but have gun hunted for years and have a very nice Browning. However, when I think about gun hunting - I have no desire - maybe it' s the blaze orange that' s the turn off, or perhaps the many times I' ve heard semi-autos blazing and elk running scattered like my wife at a shopping mall grand opening.

Anyhow - has anyone had this similar problem? If so, what did you do? Do I keep the rifle or what? It has no sentimental value to me at all.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dilema!

I still own several shotguns, but I got rid of all my rifles. I bowhunt exclusively now. Keep at elast your favorite rifle in the event bowhunting is not your cup of tea.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:33 AM

keep the rifle ,you never know when you might need or want it , i get the same waybut i won' t sell my rifle i made that mistake a long time ago ,unless of course its no big hassle ,then you can use the money from selling it to buy a new bow!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep it! It' s not eating anything
Old 03-21-2003, 12:12 PM

I also have no real interest in rifle hunting but like last year I did resort to it to put meat in the frezer. The antler restrictions here in Pa. did a lot of us in. I have over the years sold hand guns and rifles and I can tell you that today I regret each one that I sold. If you don' t ned the money, hang on to them is my advice.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:16 PM

keep the gun!!! the way the world is now, you may just need it
Old 03-21-2003, 03:46 PM

I cant come to sellany of my guns for any reason... although i love bowhunting now more than shotgun season but i see itas i will always have my guns and then they will be handed down to my son and will hopefully stay in the family for many generations.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:26 PM

I have basically put gun hunting on the back burner and been strictly bowhunting for several years now and I' m keeping all my rifles so that I can hand down to my kids,just like my dad did with me. I have his rifles that was handed down to him from his father. So keep the guns,They will have senimental and price value down the road
Old 03-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt nearly exclusively now, but I keep the guns I own anyway. They are a source of security and self defense that I plan to hand down to my kids.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:50 PM

I hunt all three seasons bow, blackpowder, and rifle, I love to hunt. In the last few years bowhunting has become my passion. It has become my favorite way to hunt. I still rifle hunt, but find myself passing on alot of deer in hopes I will have a chance on one during the second bow season. Anymore, I occasionally take a doe during rifle season.

Keep the rifle, you never know when you may need it. I have never sold any of my firearms and dont intend too. Dont know why, its just the way I feel.

Quick Reply: Dilema!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.