Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Map Help

Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM

Default Map Help

Does anyone here know of a good place to look at in depth maps of areas online? I have looked at terrafly.com and google earth, but I'm sure there are more that are better. I thought I might have come accross one on here before, something on google, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Map Help

This is pretty easy to navigate. Zoom in and traverse to the area you're interested in. You can flip back and forth from plain map, to topo, to satellite, to hybrid. You can download free and all that. Look at satelitte and topo really gives you the feel for the area.

OK, the first link won't work. Well try it this way. This link takes you to the USGS store. The 4th item down on the right side is a "Map Locator". Click on that and then you should get in.

http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/b2c/start.do

Well crap, evidently they don't allow linking. Do a google search for "USGS Topo Maps". From the hits you get look for USGS Store. Select that and then find their map locator.