Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Solid/Affordable Hang-on Stands? >

Solid/Affordable Hang-on Stands?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Solid/Affordable Hang-on Stands?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Solid/Affordable Hang-on Stands?

I have 3 requirements out of a hang on stand. 1.) Large seat 2.) No mesh/expanded metal platforms and 3.) Noise Free

Hit me with all the suggestions you have. I want to stay in the ballpark of $100 per stand. Weight is not a big issue as they will stay put for the most part all season.

Thanks, LT
Old 10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Solid/Affordable Hang-on Stands?

hunters view makes some nice inexpencive stands with large platforms, you may want to look into them, Their fairly inexpencive too around maybe 75.00 per unit?

Ryan.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 AM

no expanded metal severly limits you...almost all the cheaper styles have expanded metal floors. Gander Mtn makes a nice inexpensive stand. pretty much all companies offer a basic package stand for 70 bucks or less, but the seats arent that comfortable. I just put up with it or bring an extra cushion to stand.

What companies besides LW and Summitam I overlooking that dont use expanded metal?
Old 10-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

I'm usually not the most comfortable when it comes to being up high, so i knew I would want something that I was going to FEEL secure in. I wantedthebiggest platform I could find, the biggest seat, a foot rest, and had to have arm rails.

Thats why I went with this. Not sure why, but a few days ago they had this listed on their website, and it had a 4 star rating with like 100+ reviews. But now it only shows the 1 review. Dude said the seat was too far back or something? I don't know, he must have really short legs! The metal in the platform doesn't flex AT ALL which is a huge plus for me. That always made me feel a little edgy when I was in a stand that did that! I haven't had any issues with noise, but I'm also notup there dancing! I'm sitting still! lol

It's a little heavy, definitely helps to have an extra set of arms when you hang it, a ladder makes it 10x's easier. Not too bad at all though. It's a freakin CADILLAC when you're up in it. I had to decide between this and a Gorilla when I was buying this- the stands were IDENTICLE DOWN TO THE SEAT SIZE, but the Gorilla was 40 bucks more. Not much of a decision! Im actually considering buying a couple more.

Trust me man, it's the best bang for the buck that you'll get IN MY OPINION.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20055&id=0057238418592a&navCount=4& podId=0057238&parentId=cat20055&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QX&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20055&has JS=true
Old 10-05-2008, 12:21 AM

Maybe Summit is your answer after all...heres Matt/PAs take on the subject.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=700