Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thanks guys

Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default thanks guys

I wanted to say thanks to you guys and gals for all your help.
If it was not for you guys i would have stopped hunting. This is my 5th year and i have not got a deer yet. I said last year if i did not get one i was done. But with alot of support and help from you guy i am still at it. Not sure i will ever be able to quit. Though i would be 1700 dollars richer for the year if i did. Weather i get one or not i am glad i am still sticking it out. One day some deer will walk by me and i will drop it. I hope tomorrow i swear if i do not get some deer meat soon i will go mad.

Thanks and i owe it all to the hunting net crew. Good luck and hope you all get one
Old 10-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thanks guys

Glad you stuck with it. It will pay off someday, trust me. Not to mention withbow hunting you are up close and personal withnature, much more than hunting with a gun. Good luck, you will get one this year.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Keep at it big guy. Try to add some new grounds to hunt, that will only aid you in your quest.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a firm believe deer are given to us. I'd ask for the Lord to give you one, but I don't believe He's about limits, so may He give you an abundance.

I'm also a firm believer in No-Dose. lol.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

new grounds thats been on of my main propelms my first year i hunted eastern ky near corbin. My second year i was north of indy did some scouting then moved in march back to ky this time just west of corbin. Scouted there alot then moved to burkesville ky by dale hollow on the west side of the state. Hunted my second year there. Then moved to north carolina and skipped my third year. Last year i was in sullivan indiana southwest side of the state. I was on privat land so did little scouting on the public land. This year i am hunting the public land i have scouted. But this morning was my third day out not even a white tail flopping through the brush nothing but some dam dogs running around.
ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Keep at it big guy. Try to add some new grounds to hunt, that will only aid you in your quest.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

When i got to my stand opening day i said a prayer and ask god to protect me and all my fellow hunters. Then i asked for a deer not a big deer not a 200 class buck just some meat in the freezer i guess he is not checking his voicemail. Wonder if he has a cell number i can call. Ok that was a little buck fever there.
ORIGINAL: nodog

I'm a firm believe deer are given to us. I'd ask for the Lord to give you one, but I don't believe He's about limits, so may He give you an abundance.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stick with it Tim, i look forward to you nailing one this year. Just remember that the trophy is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

When i got to my stand opening day i said a prayer and ask god to protect me and all my fellow hunters. Then i asked for a deer not a big deer not a 200 class buck just some meat in the freezer i guess he is not checking his voicemail. Wonder if he has a cell number i can call. Ok that was a little buck fever there.
ORIGINAL: nodog

He might of had a 200 or more to give you that day but...