Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Highs and lows of bowhunting >

Highs and lows of bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Highs and lows of bowhunting

Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Highs and lows of bowhunting

Well it happened today. I know ill probably catch some flame but i did all i can for tonight. If your one of the guys who hates these posts then stop reading here, if you want to take a look at the video and give me some help then continue on.

Me and my brother (Hick442) went back to the spot i hunted this morning, where i had seen 5 does. Its a pinch point between 2 very large cornfields. We had been sitting for almost 2 hours without any luck when we saw antlers to the right. A small 5 point walked into a clearing at 20 yards, he then redirected himself and walked right in front and below us at 10 feet. Following behind him was an 8 point, not a big 8, but bigger then anything i had harvested before. By this time my brother had the camera on, and the 2nd buck followed the 1st ones path just 10 feet in front of us. He stopped and took a peak at us for a second, but then continued on. I drew back when he had passed and he stopped slightly quartering away at what i thought was 20 yards. I left the arrow fly and heard the smack, but as he ran off i could clearly see that i had hit him very high, and that the arrow was sticking out both sides.

After reviewing the tape and confirming that the shot was pretty high, we backed out for an hour and a half. We rounded up some buds and i made a phone call to my cousin who said i should wait at least an hour. After anhour and a half, we all headed back with lights to where i had shot. We found no blood in the clearing but quickly found the arrow where he had entered the woods. We then followed a sparse blood trail a few yards and it came to an end. We then started to circle and found the blood trail again about 25 yards away. This time it was coming out alot better and we followed it 50 yards to where it abruptly stopped. Me and 2 of my close friend stayed at that spot and looked for over an hour to see if it went anywhere, but we couldn't find any blood. My brother and dad circled the entire surrounding wood and found the same. We ended up marking the 1st and last found blood and left woods around 9. I plan on getting up and heading back out 1st thing in the morning, as my dad has work and everyone else has school.

The video is still uploading so i will post it when it gets done.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Highs and lows of bowhunting

It's gonna be a cool night. You will have a great chance of finding him tomorrow. Let's see that vid.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bet you find him, i wanna see the vid
Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

It's gonna be a cool night. You will have a great chance of finding him tomorrow. Let's see that vid.
Thats one good theing i have going for me, temps in the lower 40's to upper 50's. The video should be done here in a few minutes.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres the video, its loading slow because its new on the site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52u9ROoFnQ

Im beginning to think this is a case of "no-mans land"
Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Things like that happen, I wouldn't get to down on yourself . I am sure you will find the buck. I know there are some guys that will nit pick about what happend but that is all a part of hunting. I am sure you and your friends will do your best in trying to find him. That all you can do!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Resolution was to poor to really see anything...

Good luck in the morning.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Resolution was to poor to really see anything...

Good luck in the morning.
I might take some advice from Fran and load it onto a hunting film website that offers better quality. Thast the best i could do for youtube.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

We know you aren't a quitter and will do everything you can to recover that deer in the morning....I wouldn't stress over the video.

Again, good luck.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Siman...best of luck to you...cool vid.

Quick Reply: Highs and lows of bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.