Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bought me some Alpha-Burlys... >

Bought me some Alpha-Burlys...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought me some Alpha-Burlys...

Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bought me some Alpha-Burlys...

These boots were really confortable in the store. More confortable than I ever expected a rubber boot could be.I picked them up for a $100 at Gander, I was hesitant, but new that I needed some new hunting boots and remember some of you guys on here speaking highly of them. ONe thing I was concerned with was no "thinsulate", but it has "natural" neoprene insulation.. Granted we dont have Extreme winters here, we can get some prtty cold mornings.

I got the Alphaburly Sport style 200005 RT Hardwoods. Anybody else have these? How are they holding up?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM

Default RE: Bought me some Alpha-Burlys...

Any Lacrosse = Good.

Ive had mine for 3 years and besides the camo worn off the toe of the boot, they look brand new. Foot is gettin too big for em, so Ill likely have to get a new pair sometime soon.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

good choice.....i got some abs 1000g. love em!!

yeah man i gotta get me some uninsulated as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just posted a "review" on them (atleast i thought i did) i couldnt locate it anywhere though lol....

i just got the 800gram....worn them coonhunting (chasing hounds) the last few weeks....long walks...steep hills, up down, brush, thickets, woods, creeks, swamps, up and over downed trees etc etc....havent had them LONG....but boy i love them....

only complaint is 800 is too much for coon hunting...gotta order an unisulated pair next time around for coonhunting and major walking events...bowhunting, i dont foresee a problem with normal walks to the stand and such...

felt a little funky at first...just because they were lightweight and more....form fitting...than "rubber boots" and the neoprene/rubber tops is tighter and more flexible than "rubber boots" after i got over that i fell in love....ive probably put more wear on them in about 2 weeks coonhunting than most bowhunters will in a year....i just walk a good bit over ALOT of different terrain...and do it quick getting to treed hounds...dont know many bowhunters that bust the briar patch and monkey climb big downed trees and rough the terrain like i do when im coonhunting....mine still look brand new
Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Make sure you get a boot dryer and dry them out after every hunt or they will rot from the inside out and start to leak.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'll grow tierd of mine before they wear out. Why they aren't all tore up by now is a mystery to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the same boots but in MO Break Up. They were a bit hot in early September but now that the temps are dropping, no problem. They are super comfortable though.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a pair a couple of years ago. They just couldn't stand up to all the mesquite thorns in Tx. I loved how lightweight and comfortable they were. They just weren't tough enough. I now wear a pair of BassPro Bayou zip up snake boots. They have been holding up to the thorns very well. If I ever start hunting land without all the sharp stuff I will own another pair of Alpha Burleys.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, I am due for some new boots. I have to go with the 1200 gram due to how chilly it is up here in Minnesota.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the alpha lights last year and really dont like them at all, the neoprene about the rubber rips way to easily, i spring a leak on the first hunt. Im thinking that i'll own a pair of alpha-burlys before the season opens up here, went all last year on wet feet![:@]

Quick Reply: Bought me some Alpha-Burlys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.