Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help clear Jim Shockeys name. >

Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 PM

Default RE: Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

First and foremost, I've heard the add and it made it clear that it was not the same Jim Shockey that we all know and love. Secondly, upon receiving the email news letter from Jim Shockey I was rather disappointed to read the following statement:

Here is a statement from Jim: "I am 100 percent for gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. As a Canadian I cannot vote in U.S. elections, of course, but I would never ever support any candidate who is anti-gun."

Mr. Shockey says that he is for gun ownership by law abiding citizens, but would never support any candidate who is anti-gun. Unfortunately, he must be somewhat ill-informed as neither candidate in this election is anti-gun. Yes, Obama is for stricter gun control to eliminate buying on impulse, however, he is NOT anti-gun. And, anyone has listened to his speeches, debates and read his position on the platforms understands this. (Don't even bring up the voting record as none of the votes deal with taking guns from law abiding citizens.)
Yea ...Good one
LMAO @ Jim!!

The ONLY reason Obama isnt proven to be extremely antigun, is because he voted "Present" when congress voted on those bills, well any bill really.

Yes
No
Present?!?![8D]

Id think stricter gun laws IS antigun anyway.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mr. . Unfortunately, he must be somewhat ill-informed as neither candidate in this election is anti-gun. Yes, Obama is for stricter gun control to eliminate buying on impulse, however, he is NOT anti-gun. And, anyone has listened to his speeches, debates and read his position on the platforms understands this. (Don't even bring up the voting record as none of the votes deal with taking guns from law abiding citizens.)
seroiusly. i hope you don't believe THAT.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

cant give any bit of your right to bear arms you start by stricked gun laws and they dont stop there its a slipery slope
Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moose1915

Mr. . Unfortunately, he must be somewhat ill-informed as neither candidate in this election is anti-gun. Yes, Obama is for stricter gun control to eliminate buying on impulse, however, he is NOT anti-gun. And, anyone has listened to his speeches, debates and read his position on the platforms understands this. (Don't even bring up the voting record as none of the votes deal with taking guns from law abiding citizens.)
I hate saying what one knows and being somewhat conceited, but when it comes to this matter, I guess one could say I'm verrrrrry well informed
Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seriously hope no one trust either candidate. There is no one in this election that deserves any support and anyone who does support one or the other is as bad as the people who are harping on Shockey.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will say this. I read his "agenda" in the NRA magazine "american hunter". if what they printed was untrue, well shame on me for believing it.

Obamas agenda scares me and not only for the 500% tax on ammunition. i agree with Tbone, GIVE NO QUARTER when it comes to these people. they want a disarmed american society.

just my .02....
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

I seriously hope no one trust either candidate. There is no one in this election that deserves any support and anyone who does support one or the other is as bad as the people who are harping on Shockey.

My favorite of the 4 (vps included) is Palin actually. Mccain is iffy and Obama and Biden are tools. but this isnt the political forum so back to the topic at hand.

Jim Shockey took a hit in his image huh? Hope he straightens everything out, i really enjoy his show.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

is this true? if so, how could he NOT be Anti-gun?

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/12/11/fact_check_no_news_in_obamas_c.php

Obama Supported A Package Of Legislation That Would Limit Handgun Sales To One A Month. ''The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. 'We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased.'" [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]
Obama Voted To Prohibit Multiple Sales Of Handguns Within A 30-Day Period. In 2003, Obama voted to create the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns, prohibiting the multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. In 2000, Obama was co-sponsor of bill prohibiting the transfer of more than one handgun within a 30-day period. The bill exempted federally licensed firearm dealers who purchase handguns in the regular course of business, military, law enforcement officials and certain hunters. [93rd GA, HB 2579, 5/16/03, 3R L; 23-36-0; 91st GA; SB 1614; 2000]
Obama Disagreed With The NRA That "People Should Be Unimpeded And Unregulated On Gun Ownership;" In Favor Of Handgun Registration And Licensing Requirements. Obama said, "I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training." [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]
Old 10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't even bother trying to "reason" with wahoo, in his opinion nothing in the past that Obama has done or said has anything to do with what Obama will do in the future![:@]
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM

who the hell is jim shockey anyway?

Quick Reply: Help clear Jim Shockeys name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.