Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Speaking of STUPID things on the stand.. >

Speaking of STUPID things on the stand..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Speaking of STUPID things on the stand..

Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Speaking of STUPID things on the stand..

ORIGINAL: mauser06

last year opening day...8am or so....a twig crack in the thicket got my attention...it was to the right of me and i was on the edge...stood up and grabbed the bow and looked over and here he comes...steps out maybe 10yds away...nice 8pt id take in a heartbeat...wasnt huge...probably 2.5...but would been a dandy first bow kill....

he looks away...slightly quartering away...close leg forward...picture perfect crease right behind the shoulder....my mouth was watering...hit full draw...heard the nock pop off the string..WTF [] i was shooting a nap 1000 prong rest...somehow i caught it but it was off the string and i am at full draw with a shooter within 15yds...probably like 10yds...he heard it..but had no idea what it was...he walked off and as he was i let down and managed not to kill myself on the broadhead(that was talent!) he gave me more shoots at what i thought was 30...i was hunting a different tree that morning due to the wind than i was used to....i paced it off later and found it was 21 or 22 yds...still top pin shooting i shoulda took...he wasnt alert...didnt hang around all day and knew somethng wasnt 100% right...

i sat there all morning pondering WHAT in the world made my arrow pull from the string...nock was good...serving was fine....FINALLY the lights came on....i lay my bow across the from of my viper right side down(quiver side...no quiver on it though) the arrow doesnt stay on the rest...it lays on the riser...when i stood up i never put it on the prongs...it layed between the rest and riser and right before i hit full draw the broadhead caught on the riser and i kept pulling through the last 1/2 inch...

........i bough a QAD HD this year one less blonde moment to go wrong....cock it and forget it.....KISS keep it simple stupid....aughta be my motto
Be thankful that arrow came un-nocked. Imagine if you had released[]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL LittleChief, sometimes the deer get you and other times the deer get you. Once in a great while we get a deer.[8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well last year i was bowfishing on a pond by my house, and i found a gar and i was going to try to shoot it to prove that there are gar in that pond. so as i put my release on the string some how or another i only got part of the string in the indentions on the mouth of the release and as i drew back my release came off and i popped my self right in the mouth and my arrow kind of fell of the string and the gar swam off. i was ticked. i still have no idea how i did it.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

At least once a year I gotta clip my release to the bridge of my nose...Damn that hurts!

Oh quit laughing ..you've done it too!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

At least once a year I gotta clip my release to the bridge of my nose...Damn that hurts!

No I won't quit laughing, and I can honestly say that I've never done that! If I saw that, I don't know if I'd ever stop laughing at you! I'm not sure I will anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, but NOW you'll try it...if you haven't already!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think so. As a general rule, once you get past 40, you no longer try thingswhich have a proven negative affect just because someone else does it.[8D] Of course, there is the occasional exception, but we generally leave that to the youngsters.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

I don't think so. As a general rule, once you get past 40, you no longer try thingswhich have a proven negative affect just because someone else does it.[8D] Of course, there is the occasional exception, but we generally leave that to the youngsters.
Thats a General rule Huh? OK Pops, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, yeah I have. [&:] [8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Thats a General rule Huh? OK Pops, I'll keep that in mind.
Yeah, it's a general rule. Like I said, though, there are always exceptions. We are, however, still perfectly capable of coming up with new, as yet undiscovered stupid things to do and ways of doing damage to ourselves, though.

Quick Reply: Speaking of STUPID things on the stand..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.