Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Corn is being cut..... Good or Bad? >

Corn is being cut..... Good or Bad?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Corn is being cut..... Good or Bad?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Corn is being cut..... Good or Bad?

I guess It really depends on your wind direction but don't be afraid to hunt the spot I circled If there's big enough tree's to set up in. The reason I picked that spot Is there confined to a much smaller area thus It might give you a better chance at what your after. Maybe the spot i circled Isn't much of a woods either, hard to tell from ariels. I'm still learning what the colors mean on these Ariel maps.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Typical Buck

find a inside corner to the field and slam one coming down to the field!!
get there on Sat.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I guess It really depends on your wind direction but don't be afraid to hunt the spot I circled If there's big enough tree's to set up in. The reason I picked that spot Is there confined to a much smaller area thus It might give you a better chance at what your after. Maybe the spot i circled Isn't much of a woods either, hard to tell from ariels. I'm still learning what the colors mean on these Ariel maps.

I agree with schultzy,this looks like a really good spot to set up.Access to the corn, and a really good funnel area.I might would try to get intowhere it starts the narrow hedge row.They wll almost always travel the row for some kind of cover.JMHO

Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Better hit them while its fresh! The farmers around me dont hardly leave a kernel behind, so the pickings is slim. If you get there in the first few days it should be some sweet huntin!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

This just means that the deer will have less places to hide, and they love fresh cut corn.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

No harvest removed all of the food there is alway spoils left behind and derr hammer them, I say good thing because now a major hiding spot has been removed and now you can see the deer enter the field in the afternoon
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Gold mine
BINGO!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

The circle portion is really not much to it, The woods you see is a stand of White Pines. Ive never seen much sign down there, The stage in thewoods on the other side of the horizontal cornfield, You can barely see it in the pic, but it is a nice little wood lot, probably 15 acres or so. It belongs to the same person as the corn field.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

No better news than to hear the corn is being cut where I hunt. Hunting with Corn up is the worst news for me, because its never on the property that I can hunt, always bordering. Doesn't look like there is too much woods. I like your stand locations but I would set that one stand that is deep in the woods a little farther towards the field. With not much bedding cover around, I would worry you would bump deer going in and out of that stand. I also would like that spot at the top if there is a large track of woods out of the picture a little higher up, if not, I think hunting that small of a wood lot, you might spook any deer around going into the stand.

Quick Reply: Corn is being cut..... Good or Bad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.