Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blood Trailin Tricks >

Blood Trailin Tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blood Trailin Tricks

Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Blood Trailin Tricks

Whats everybodys little trick they use to help them find more shotdeer. Lets hear everything.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Blood Trailin Tricks

When theyare at a comfortable range and at a good angle I put one through both lungs and sometimes the heart, best tactic I have found for finding themOther than that read Rob's sticky at the top.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelP

When theyare at a comfortable range and at a good angle I put one through both lungs and sometimes the heart, best tactic I have found for finding themOther than that read Rob's sticky at the top.
thats a pretty good idea and even if you do that they run out of sight. find one thing you will recognize when you get out of your set and walk up on it and find blood but make sure you watch where it runs. you never know what could happen. do everything you can to recover the animal
Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Biggest trailing tip I can give is to WAIT,atleast 20-30 minutes before going to check your arrow,even if you think you heard it crash.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Biggest trailing tip I can give is to WAIT,atleast 20-30 minutes before going to check your arrow,even if you think you heard it crash.
Yup!! I had one crash on me this year and i got down to to track it and it was still alive. It ended up just crashing into a bush and kept going and i just ened up pushing it farther then needed.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

number one thing that will help you get on his trail MAKE SURE you mark where the deer was standing and the exact spot he ran into the woods. use points of reference such as a tree, a bush, a rock, anything that will stick out that you will remember when you start tracking
Old 09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Watch for where the deer rubbed blood off on vegetation or saplings because i will show you the direction the deer is heading if you cant find much blood on the ground. The doe I shot in MD on saturday we walked within 15 yards a couple times in the dark because we didnt pay attention to which side of the tree the blood was smeared on.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

keep your shots at a realistic range. memorize the path the deer ran when hit. watch it's behavior.smell the arrow. when in doubt.......wait. and BE QUIET. there are no doctors in the woods. If you hit an organ, or major artery, it's gonna die, you just have to find it.

liver shot deer can go 50 yds and die in 1 minute..........or go 300 yds and die in 2 hours. if you hit it back in the body...WAIT. if you know it's a gut shot, wait at least 4-6 hours then proceed carefully. preferably with only one other patient. guy who knows what he's doing. leave the party crowdwith spotlights at home.

one big thing I've learned - if they get on a deer trail and don't lie down, you're in trouble.

one of my best hunting buddies is color blind. I've know him for 6 years, and I know he's given 20 or so a dirt nap in that time span. None of them have gone further than 75 yards. His secret ? He dont shoot past 30 yards. No matter what.

there's no secret to it. just some common sense and experience. it's not necessarily a skill, but a learned art. every deer shot is a different scenario. you just have to observe the situation, and take care in what you do when you climb out of that tree.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

When all else fails, if legal, call Rover.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Toilet paper, Blood tracking light if after dark, wait for a half hour keep quiet...... Glow sticks for after dark Rope if you want to do it that way, Partner for fresh eyes, you'll be all excited and contaminate the area and find no blood.....

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Blood Trailin Tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.