Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Marquis centershot now w/pics >

Marquis centershot now w/pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Marquis centershot now w/pics

Old 09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Marquis centershot now w/pics

I've done some reading (here and elsewhere) about problems getting the Marquis to center down the middle of the riser shelf. Mine centers so far to the right is impossible to get clearance. It seems this problem has gotten worse and I can't figure out why. I would think the only variable is the string and cables that might be making this problem worse. Cam lean looks good, specs are touch off. Axle length is an 1/8" long and brace height is 1/8" short. I'm afraid to to twist cables because I'm starting to get some seperation on the bus cable by the cam. I've been told this is "normal". I have a new string coming this week I believe so I am hoping this may help my problem.

I've read one solution is to remove the cable roller/suppresor and replace it with an aftermarket cable guard. I can't find it anywhere. Anybody seen them?

Is there anything else I can try or are there any other solutions to this problem?

Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Marquis centershot

Just to add on, I've also been reading that many 82nd owners are having the same issue. Is this true? And is there a fix?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe the pics will help...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

What exactly would make you think your arrow needs to be that far inside of centershot? Looking at that picture does that make ANY sense to you at all.

Centershot is centershot.........anything else is an adjustment AROUND cenetrshot.

Have you tried other arrows, tip weight etc etc to alter your tune before you put the rest there? Have you checked the angle your string is coming off the idler and twisted the off side yoke to correct if necessary to compenate for any lean which will affect tune?
I have a Marquis downstairs right now and it tunes at 1/16" inside of exact centershot with the proper spined arrow.
I'm not getting what you have going on there?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

It makes absolutely no sense to me at all, but that is where it shoots bullet holes in paper. Why? That's what I'm asking.

I'm shooting Easton Excel 340 arrows with 100 gr points. If I move my rest any further to the left, I start getting a left tear.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

It makes absolutely no sense to me at all, but that is where it shoots bullet holes in paper. Why? That's what I'm asking.

I'm shooting Easton Excel 340 arrows with 100 gr points. If I move my rest any further to the left, I start getting a left tear.
Are you extremely torquing the bow? Your arrow needs to come out big time. Have someone else shoot it.

This is where paper tuning is actually untuning the bow rather than fixing the shooters issues. IMO
Old 09-28-2008, 07:01 PM

Forget paper tuning in my opinion and just dial it in to shoot with good groups. JMO
Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Are you extremely torquing the bow? Your arrow needs to come out big time. Have someone else shoot it.

This is where paper tuning is actually untuning the bow rather than fixing the shooters issues. IMO
Honestly, I wish it was hand torque. Because then it would be a lot easier for me to fix. Just wondering if you Bowtech guys have heard of this issue before. Guess not. I guess the possibility that a Bowtech/Diamond would have issues is out of the question. I'm sure it is easier to chalk up to the "shooters issues." Sorry guys, these kind of answers are really frustrating. [:@] Maybe suggesting it as a possibility instead of making the assumption that I was torquing would have been better.

Anyhow, I moved my rest to center and shot around 10 shots and I get a consistent 1" left tear every time. Moved it left, moved it right still a left tear. Move it to where the picture above shows and boom...Consistent bullet holes. Not that I mind all that much, but the only thing I can shoot is feathers because of the contact.

My thinking is that it has something to do with cam lean, which Matt alluded to. Do your Marquis have a little lean to them, because mine is pretty straight. I can't see why that would be a problem, but I'm wondering if at full draw the alignment is off.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

My thinking is that it has something to do with cam lean, which Matt alluded to. Do your Marquis have a little lean to them, because mine is pretty straight. I can't see why that would be a problem, but I'm wondering if at full draw the alignment is off.
If you're looking UP that's IDLER lean.

And YEs it can and will affect tuning very seriously if it's bad due to limb twist. Is the string coming off hard to the left side of the idler at full draw ? Draw normal with your eyes closed, anchor, now open your eyes and LOOK UP.
If it looks like crap, twist up the offside yoke to bring the limb tip back around and straighten the tracking.

Also I asked if you tried ANY other arrow, point weight combinations?

Simply slapping ONE spine arrow with one point weight through a bow with no other changes or consideration for the other parts of the bow is not going to tell you much.

Get the idler tracking straight, and go from there with your arrows.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Honestly, I wish it was hand torque. Because then it would be a lot easier for me to fix. Just wondering if you Bowtech guys have heard of this issue before. Guess not. I guess the possibility that a Bowtech/Diamond would have issues is out of the question. I'm sure it is easier to chalk up to the "shooters issues." Sorry guys, these kind of answers are really frustrating. [:@] Maybe suggesting it as a possibility instead of making the assumption that I was torquing would have been better.

Anyhow, I moved my rest to center and shot around 10 shots and I get a consistent 1" left tear every time. Moved it left, moved it right still a left tear. Move it to where the picture above shows and boom...Consistent bullet holes. Not that I mind all that much, but the only thing I can shoot is feathers because of the contact.

Remind me to not attempt to help you in the future!

Quick Reply: Marquis centershot now w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.