View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Marquis centershot

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

It makes absolutely no sense to me at all, but that is where it shoots bullet holes in paper. Why? That's what I'm asking.

I'm shooting Easton Excel 340 arrows with 100 gr points. If I move my rest any further to the left, I start getting a left tear.
Are you extremely torquing the bow? Your arrow needs to come out big time. Have someone else shoot it.

This is where paper tuning is actually untuning the bow rather than fixing the shooters issues. IMO
Honestly, I wish it was hand torque. Because then it would be a lot easier for me to fix. Just wondering if you Bowtech guys have heard of this issue before. Guess not. I guess the possibility that a Bowtech/Diamond would have issues is out of the question. I'm sure it is easier to chalk up to the "shooters issues." Sorry guys, these kind of answers are really frustrating. [:@] Maybe suggesting it as a possibility instead of making the assumption that I was torquing would have been better.

Anyhow, I moved my rest to center and shot around 10 shots and I get a consistent 1" left tear every time. Moved it left, moved it right still a left tear. Move it to where the picture above shows and boom...Consistent bullet holes. Not that I mind all that much, but the only thing I can shoot is feathers because of the contact.

My thinking is that it has something to do with cam lean, which Matt alluded to. Do your Marquis have a little lean to them, because mine is pretty straight. I can't see why that would be a problem, but I'm wondering if at full draw the alignment is off.
Remind me to not attempt to help you in the future!