Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SUCCESS!!!!  My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!! >

SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

I took my buddy out for his FIRST EVER bowhunt this morning, and he was excited as all get out. But he didn't realize how exciting the morning would be. We were hunting from the ground in a pretty thick area and we bumped a couple on our way in. But I told him we needed to be patient, I got us to the spot I'd intended on setting up, and had him under a little overhang of brush that blended him in real well. We'd been sitting there not 20 minutes when a young buck (spikes not quite 3," THANK GOD!!!) meandered in. The little fella just kept walking in and in and in, my buddy was shaking and I could see him breathing as I was set up behind and to the left of him not 8-10yds away, and as the little buck finally his a clear shot lane at about 20yds, he steadied the cross-hairs and eased back on the trigger and "THHHHHHWWHHHAAAAACCKKKK!!!" Man, that arrow hit that little fella so hard it damn near put him on the ground right there. He wheeled around and and ran about 75-80yds to his deathbed. We sat there for a half-hour or so, even though I heard the little fella go down, just to see if anything else would come through, but after half an hour, we could neither on wait to go check the little fella out. He was so excited and filled with adrenaline it was amazing. He believes he is indeed "HOOKED" on bowhunting now. I assured him it doesn't always happen this easily, but knowing we both were in need of meat, I figured this spot would be sure-fire if anything would!!!!! And I was RIGHT!!!! Here's a pic, sorry, not the greatest, I didn't realize his eyes were closed. Oh, and for the record, he has a compound bow on its way, but he busted this little fella with a crossbow shooting a Barnett Quad 400 (my loaner bow that I'll let anyone that want use) and a 20" Easton 2219 arrow with a 1.75" Wasp Jak-Hammer. The shot was a slight quarter-to, and he hit him just a little forward of the right front leg, and broke the left front leg in a big way on the way out. Arrow was lodged in the deer in his left front leg and snapped off as the little guy ran by a tree and I did end up loosing a BH. What a great morning, and there's now about 50# of meat in my fridge that wasn't there yesterday. We would have gotten more meat out of him, but his shoulders and neck were a WRECK because he bled in due to that arrow be lodged like it was.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

First this guy is either HIGH as balls or Is tired as hell. And nice buck still a spike.

As one of our member signatures say let him go to let him grow.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

First this guy is either HIGH as balls or Is tired as hell. And nice buck still a spike.

Leave the guy alone! It was his first deer! I'm sure you shot a"Booner" your first time out. Congrats to the guys first deer & tell him welcome to the"Fraternity"!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pathetic that you would even say that!

Congrats to your buddy! Awesome deer!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a FIRST DEER there bud, lighten up a touch. Bad pic, didn't realize till I had in on my photobucket, only took one and then we were off to getting that thing to a cooler. His next will definitely be a bigger deer, but he was so excited, and being that the freezer's full and the landowner wants/needs some animals thinned out, I didn't see it as that bad at all. The little spike may actually make a nice little "Indian" mount.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why do you care what another hunter shoots???? Man that pisses me off .....

Congrats to your Buddy, Doug .. that is AWESOME!!! First time bowhunting too!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

You really are something there nissan!!

His next will definitely be a bigger deer, but he was so excited, and being that the freezer's full and the landowner wants/needs some animals thinned out, I didn't see it as that bad at all. The little spike may actually make a nice little "Indian" mount.
Who really cares If his next one Is bigger or not next year, It's up to him. No need to make excuses up to make Mr. Nissan man happy. Nissan doesn't have a clue!

Congrats on your 1st deer and way to go Doug on helping him out!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on his first bow kill. The way I see it any deer taken is a trophy. It's just some people want you to believe it'sgot to be a P&Y to be a trophy [:@]

Here is a great example of a nice first bow kill. In the beginning you don't need to focus on the monsters just get some kills under your belt first.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:49 PM

CONGRATS To your buddy, any animal taken with a bow is a trophy in my book!!Everyone should remember, you gotta start somewhere!!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome job!!..He's not high...just the timing on the photo of the cam~!
There is nothing better then being with a friend on his first kill...blow this photo up and put it in your hunting room..Sometimes memories are better then even the biggest bucks...great job!!

Quick Reply: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.