Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews DXT!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Matthews DXT!!!

Nothing better then a Mathews!!!!! I will not shoot the DXT, because I know I will buy it. As far new bows from Mathews in 2009, sometime around Thanksgiving they will inform the public
Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

just talk to my bow shop and he said end of Nov and around 900.00 then he smerked at me cause he knows Iam waitting,right now my Dren is awsome so dont see a need for the DXT but a 09 might tempt me to trad in maybe....
I would hold off on the DXT and see what the 09's are like being how you can allways find a DXT...
Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Im holding out to see but i doubt the 09 will be in the price range i can get the DXT for
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a DXT sitting at the local Mathews dealer waiting for my to come and pick it up. I shot one a few weeks ago while elk hunting in Montana, and I decided that I needed one when I shot it! I'm shooting a brand new Hoyt Katera XL right now that might not get to see action once the new Mathews is dialed in.......[&:]
Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a demo at a shop before they got one and then reserved the first one they got in. I killed my first archery deer with it last year and I LOVE it!! I just really like how small it is and how light it is compared to other bows. And I also agree that it is extremely accurate.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a mathews DXT and I absolutely love it as well. Smooth and very easy to shoot. I have very good grouping for a bow that is usually said to be "not for beginners" due to the short ATA. Well, I've only been into the bowhunting scene for a few years and that bow gives me no problems whatsoever, and I can shoot better than most guys who have bowhunted a lifetime.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell Nick to cut you a break!

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

just talk to my bow shop and he said end of Nov and around 900.00 then he smerked at me cause he knows Iam waitting,right now my Dren is awsome so dont see a need for the DXT but a 09 might tempt me to trad in maybe....
I would hold off on the DXT and see what the 09's are like being how you can allways find a DXT...
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

oh just as a afterthought today when i was shooting my new dxt i figured out after the first six arrows that you DO NOT attempt to shoot groups with this bow at 30 yards and under. i have two arrows that already need refletching [&:]honestly, its shooting is phenomonal. i never dreamed i could throw groups that tight. best money i've ever spent! go get one trust me you won't regret it.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:52 AM

What about speed and KE. Are you using one Pin at 20? 30? Etc.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Matthews DXT this year, and I love it! The only problem for me was the grip was too big for my hand, but my BF (LKNCHOPPERS) fixed that problem for me by ordering and mounting me a new one (pink wood grain camo with my name engraved very small at the base of it). Now the grip is great. So, my bow is unique.

Hopefully soon, I will be posting a pic and story of my first bow kill with it!

Quick Reply: Matthews DXT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.