Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT? >

YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT?

OK GUYS, HERE IS THE QUESTION . WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?
ITS 7 PM MONDAY YOU JUST STUCK A DEER YOU WATCH IT RUN 30 YARDS AND FOLD UP YOU HAVE AN HOUR DRAG TO GET TO YOUR TRUCK . THE TEMP IS 72 DEG AND FALLING THE LOWEST IT WILL GET TONIGHT WILL BE 59 DEG, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THIS DEER. ?
PLEASE ANSWER WHAT YOU WOULD DO FROM THE TIME YOU PUT HANDS ON DEER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE ,

THANKS IN ADVANCE , RT270STALKER
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Default RE: YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT?

QUAD lol...!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure I'll answer that question...but first, my own question...WHY ARE WE YELLING!??!?

I'd field dress it, take it home, skin it, debone the meat, put the meat on ice, and package it up in a couple of days after sitting on ice. Or you could take it straight to your processor.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM

Why is he shouting at us? We are BOWhunters, we can still hear. The gun hunters may require some shouting...
Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Sure I'll answer that question...but first, my own question...WHY ARE WE YELLING!??!?

I'd field dress it, take it home, skin it, debone the meat, put the meat on ice, and package it up in a couple of days after sitting on ice. Or you could take it straight to your processor.
That about sums it up. Although I would shorten that hour drag by using my 4-wheeler or a deer cart.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same here. I'm not seeing the dilemma?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

...WHY ARE WE YELLING!??!?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Same here. I'm not seeing the dilemma?
And in fact, I've done just that on more than one occassion. Which is why, I might add, I did NOT shoot that doe I had at 14 yards on opening day......A Monday, @ 6:30 pm. I had to go to work Tuesday morning and didn't want to mess with it.

Sometimes we need to use our heads, and maybe sometimes it's best just to not go......No matter how badly we want to. Sometimes we need to think of these things before we go to the woods........Ok, it's 80 degrees today......There will be no processor open by the time I get the deer back to my truck.....Can I realistically take care of it tonight?

If that answer is "No" stay home or don't shoot.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 AM

You forgot the step.....Take totally sweet Pic and post on the forum so everyone can see how cool i am.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bcvd45

You forgot the step.....Take totally sweet Pic and post on the forum so everyone can see how cool i am.
Oops I did forget that part. That's why the camera stays in the truck so I don't forget the pic. One must take pic to avoid immenent (sp?) sack punch!

Quick Reply: YOU KILLED, NOW WHAT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.