Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would he score? >

What would he score?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would he score?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would he score?

You can see it in color at Pete's Surplus (intersection of Hwy 71 and Hwy 9). I believe it was taken not far from there west of New London. I thought it was a giant. I was just interested in what the score might be. Again, very cool and very good for him!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: minnesotadeer

You can see it in color at Pete's Surplus (intersection of Hwy 71 and Hwy 9). I believe it was taken not far from there west of New London. I thought it was a giant. I was just interested in what the score might be. Again, very cool and very good for him!
Thanks for the info minnesota!! I'll have to get a hold of this guy to see If he wants It officially scored. He's a brute, no doubt about that. The New London/Spicer area has some great bucks running around, great country around there!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

i would say about 177"
Old 09-25-2008, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I think some of you guys are underestimating the size of this one.

I have no doubt that deer has the overall height and beam length to score 170 plus.
No way.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like it was held really close to the camera aswell.

Ryan.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I have no doubt that deer has the overall height and beam length to score 170 plus.
No way.
OK, then what is your guess? I love it when guys come on these threads and say how wrong other people are but never post up a guess for themselves.[&:]
Old 09-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

170's maybe 180sReal nice deer, great mass and spread with those long sweeping main beams, IDK how you guys are getting 150's
Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

It looks like it was held really close to the camera aswell.

Ryan.
Just interested, what would that have to do with anything? I'm assuming you mean like in pics where people stand or kneel way behind the deer or fish to make it look bigger but in this pic, the guy was practically side by side with it. I'm not debating score because I obviously don't really know how to do by looking at a pic yet, just saying the guy probably wasn't trying to make it look bigger. God knows its a beast as is.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

No way.
OK, then what is your guess? I love it when guys come on these threads and say how wrong other people are but never post up a guess for themselves.[&:]
Now who would YOU be making fun of?!?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

170's maybe 180sReal nice deer, great mass and spread with those long sweeping main beams, IDK how you guys are getting 150's
I am certainly not trying to or meaning to deminish the deer. It's a great buck no matter what he scores. He just doesn't have great tine length and my first impression was a mid 150's buck. It's sounds like there is a decent chance of us finding out for sure what he does score and then we won't have to conjecture about it. Once again let me say for the record that I am no wiz at guessing scores so let me reitterate the fact that my misjudgement, if any, should not be mistaken for disrespect for the size of the animal.

Quick Reply: What would he score?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.