Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 !@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand >

!@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

!@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Default RE: !@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

well if you near michigan a trusty guy i would lent you a climber i have 3...love them..trust me been there 20ft up and the bottom goes down cause i was to lazy to tie it. talk bout bear huging the way down...thank god your okay and good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man that sucks, but its good that you were only 4' up, and not 20' up.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Spike

I live in ohio near the west Virgina and pa border.I will try and get pics soon the wife has the camera.thanks for all the kind words guys
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

It blows me away that most people resort to getting the "cheapest" thing when it comes to treestands, and see nothing wrong with spending $1,000 or more on a bow set-up. My life and ability to walk is worth FAR more than the most expensive treestand.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ROBERTS021

I live in ohio near the west Virgina and pa border.I will try and get pics soon the wife has the camera.thanks for all the kind words guys
Robert,
I have a groundblind you can use if you need one. Looks like you are pretty close to me
Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

It blows me away that most people resort to getting the "cheapest" thing when it comes to treestands, and see nothing wrong with spending $1,000 or more on a bow set-up. My life and ability to walk is worth FAR more than the most expensive treestand.
I spent $250 on a treestand and $120 on a good harness for this season. That took $370 out of my budget for a bow so i got a used but in almost new condition Hoyt bow for $300. Out of my $850 i had to spend this year i still had some left over for gas.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

It blows me away that some have to criticize others for how much they won’t spend. I didn’t see where he mentioned spending $1000 on a bow, and it shouldn’t matter. All tree stands are TMA certified or they wouldn’t be on the market. How many high dollar stands have broken? Quite a few. It happens no matter the cost. Any 10 year old stand could break. No need to take shots.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

try making some brush blinds. Glad you're alright man.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

It blows me away that some have to criticize others for how much they won’t spend. I didn’t see where he mentioned spending $1000 on a bow, and it shouldn’t matter. All tree stands are TMA certified or they wouldn’t be on the market. How many high dollar stands have broken? Quite a few. It happens no matter the cost. Any 10 year old stand could break. No need to take shots.
Amen to that.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

My Bow is a 1993 fred bear blackbear and i use Wallmart brand Camo, I have a wife and 2 little girls to take care so that where my money goes.You spend 5yrs in the Army and get out and can't even get adescent job to support your family.One Way or the other i will be in the woods this weekend.

Quick Reply: !@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.