Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 !@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand >

!@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

!@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Default RE: !@#$$#$%%#@ TreeStand

ORIGINAL: ROBERTS021

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

It blows me away that most people resort to getting the "cheapest" thing when it comes to treestands, and see nothing wrong with spending $1,000 or more on a bow set-up. My life and ability to walk is worth FAR more than the most expensive treestand.
My Bow is a 1993 fred bear blackbear and i use Wallmart brand Camo, I have a wife and 2 little girls to take care so that where my money goes.You spend 5yrs in the Army and get out and can't even get adescent job to support your family.One Way or the other i will be in the woods this weekend.
That's the right attitude towards this. Who cares how much you spend on hunting as long as you enjoy yourself.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Learn to stalk and track your deer. And hopefully you hit the lottery. Stalking your game can be lots of fun and if you like using cover scents and dont mind moving slow and shoot a deer on their level.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

It blows me away that most people resort to getting the "cheapest" thing when it comes to treestands, and see nothing wrong with spending $1,000 or more on a bow set-up. My life and ability to walk is worth FAR more than the most expensive treestand.
My Bow is a 1993 fred bear blackbear and i use Wallmart brand Camo, I have a wife and 2 little girls to take care so that where my money goes.You spend 5yrs in the Army and get out and can't even get adescent job to support your family.One Way or the other i will be in the woods this weekend.
That's the right attitude towards this. Who cares how much you spend on hunting as long as you enjoy yourself.
AMEN to that.Thats why we do what we do.If you have to have the best gear to enjoy yourself ,then you need to find a new hobby.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Roberts, like said already Be thankful you aren't hurt and move on. If you were near SE Va I could help you out, heck gave away a loggy B this spring. When you're ready to buy take a look at ebay. I see like new units on there all the time where folks got in and want out.

PS I have had expensive stand fail also..
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey before treestands were invented how did they kill deer? Play the wind right, set up some brush, and drop a big one. Best of luck to you. Glad you are ok.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roberts, I've shot almost half my deer from the ground. You can do it. It is harder, but it's alot more rewarding.

Oh and look on Craig's list for used stands. I just picked up an almost-new Summit Razor open-front climber for $50.00. I'm sure you can find a decent hang-on for less. If we lived closer I'd loan you one to help out.

Good luck buddy, and give Thanks for being alright and not crippled....or worse.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your saftey vest did not break your fall?

Steve
Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was a cheap brand at KMart
That right ther speaks volumes.[:@]