Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK >

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

As long as itwas agood shot gone bad and the shooter feels poorly then such is life. Major Bummer though.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:42 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I know we cant find the person who shot that buck..But I wish diarrhea upon the person who shot that deer so poorly.
Or I nominate his for an OFFICIAL SACK KICK AND COMPLETE REVOCATION OF HIS MAN CARD.

For someone who has been around for all of a week... you sure run your mouth about people awfully reckless.
I agree. We sure don't know the story on this deer. Anybody that has taken more than 30 deer know, bad things can happen. It makes you sick. I know in my life, I have been up all night thinking about a bad hit a deer. It happens. Can't say I ever screwed up a shot this bad. But I sure won't say it can't happen. I have hit twigs and branches and watched an arrow that was going straight to the vitals head right into the hinds. Dropped on the spot, but not my prefered hit.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a shame. Hopefully it was just a bad shot and not intentionally hit there, but that is a pretty bad miss.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still can't believe some of you guys are getting pissed at the shooter, just ASSUMING that he meant to hit the deer in the neck.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

very sad
Old 09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the loser had been using a rage 2 blade none of us would be having this discussion.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're not the ethics police right??? As long as it is legal we shouldn't question what other hunters do, right???
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM

Looks good shots go bad, but look at the angle. And we're not the ethics police, but we do have to say something is wrong when it's wrong. It takes 1000 good things hunter do to erase one bad thing. In the eye's of most of the public,a shot like that is what gets the anti-hunters ammo to come after hunters. It's hard enough to win over a land owner so you can hunt their land, without things like this. Now am I saying that this just wasn't a good shot gone bad, .....,...no. But why would you take a shot like that?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand badass. I just want to make sure that everyone understands that "as long as it is legal it is ok" should either apply to all situations or none, and that we should be allowed and concerned with applying an ethical standard tohunting situations that may exceed what the law allows. Canned hunting, high fence, unethical shots, etc. If there is a standard above what is legal then obviously that standard applies everywhere.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.

Quick Reply: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.