Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 can anyone recomend a good boot? >

can anyone recomend a good boot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

can anyone recomend a good boot?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default can anyone recomend a good boot?

I was looking for hunting bootsand, I realized I don't know what is good for keeping down the scent. I am looking for a boot I can wear hunting without doing a ton of stuff to it. EX... my current rubber boots had to ride around in the bed of my truck for a couple of weeks to get the rubber smell out of them. I was looking to spend around $80.00.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can anyone recomend a good boot?

Probaly have to check Cabelas and see what's on sale or in the bargain cavefor $80.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Irish Settler by RedWing. Best boot by far. Many varieties to choose from. I have two pair and love both of them.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

can probably find good rubber boots that arent insulated for around that price...

i had a pair of "field and stream" cheaper rubber boots that were insulated....they werent very comfy, were heavy and clumsy, and although i definently got my moneys worth, they didnt last real long....

i just bought a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly sports in 800g insulation. i cannot get over the comfort level and lightness....amazing difference...but they run like 140 for the 800s from most places...uninsulated would been cheaper....i been wearing them coonhunting the past week every night or so...walking long hard and fast....i love them...except they are too warm for coon hunting and major walking in the warm months...but im covering alot of ground quickly alot of times when im going to a treed hound....if i find they are too much to walk in the stand in, i'll take a 2nd pair of socks...but i walk to my stand slowly and its alot colder than the 70s i been coonhunting in....

all rubber boots are going to smell like rubber for a bit...best way to get rid of it is to wear them....i wore the rubber scent off mine in a couple nites hunting....rubber boots are the way to go to keep scent down though...leather will always have a leather smell and your scent will escape through the leather without you knowing it....
Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of lacross that were between 80 and 100. they are great.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_104718____SearchResults
Old 09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I got me some Lacrosse Alpha Burly sports in 1000g insulation and paid 139(cabelas). they're some sweet rubbers. i'm gonna get a pair of uninsulated for early season. i think cabela's had the uninsulated ones on sale for like 80-90.
it would be worth it to look into it.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lacrosse
Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muck boots for early season. Reasonably priced and comfy!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

X2 for the Mucks there great.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

What about the rubber smell on those boots. Muck or Lacrosse

Quick Reply: can anyone recomend a good boot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.