HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - can anyone recomend a good boot?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: can anyone recomend a good boot?

can probably find good rubber boots that arent insulated for around that price...

i had a pair of "field and stream" cheaper rubber boots that were insulated....they werent very comfy, were heavy and clumsy, and although i definently got my moneys worth, they didnt last real long....

i just bought a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly sports in 800g insulation. i cannot get over the comfort level and lightness....amazing difference...but they run like 140 for the 800s from most places...uninsulated would been cheaper....i been wearing them coonhunting the past week every night or so...walking long hard and fast....i love them...except they are too warm for coon hunting and major walking in the warm months...but im covering alot of ground quickly alot of times when im going to a treed hound....if i find they are too much to walk in the stand in, i'll take a 2nd pair of socks...but i walk to my stand slowly and its alot colder than the 70s i been coonhunting in....

all rubber boots are going to smell like rubber for a bit...best way to get rid of it is to wear them....i wore the rubber scent off mine in a couple nites hunting....rubber boots are the way to go to keep scent down though...leather will always have a leather smell and your scent will escape through the leather without you knowing it....