Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 why did michigan ban baiting >

why did michigan ban baiting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why did michigan ban baiting

Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 PM

Default RE: why did michigan ban baiting

yea i think this one died lol but hey 7 pages worth lol
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Its ok it happens. I love these forums but im stoked about this PA archery season. I have a deer all marked up. Im not taking anything but him. Until I see a nice doe. I find that doe meat is not a gamey and is more tender. Oh and do you like your cardiac I was thinking about one for my wife.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM

i love it and it is for sale,, i wanna buy the 09 ross..the 07 is a one smooth quiet shooting bow bout 275fps
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are many points you make that confuse me, Nissan. First, you talk about the terrain and habitat in PA as the reason you do not have CWD in PA. I lived most of my first 21 years of life in PA. I now live in upstate NY. If I pulled you out of PA and popped you into NY, you would not know the difference. Why do we have CWD in NY?

You also seem to think that people who use treestands are not hunters. I will tell you that nearly all successful treestand hunters do a great deal of scouting before placing / using their stands. That would put them into the category of hunters in my book.

We don't / can't bait in NY, but here (as in PA) the deer go where the food is whether it be a bait pile or natural browse. I have not hunter in PA for many years, but I know for a fact I can take you to a dozen spots in central PA and sit you down. You WILL see deer. Why? Because there is feed there. There has been feed there. There will be feed there for many years to come. All a bait pile does it concentrate a preferred food source in one spot. A grove of oak trees is little difference.

JMHO
Old 09-24-2008, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

There are many points you make that confuse me, Nissan. First, you talk about the terrain and habitat in PA as the reason you do not have CWD in PA. I lived most of my first 21 years of life in PA. I now live in upstate NY. If I pulled you out of PA and popped you into NY, you would not know the difference. Why do we have CWD in NY?

You also seem to think that people who use treestands are not hunters. I will tell you that nearly all successful treestand hunters do a great deal of scouting before placing / using their stands. That would put them into the category of hunters in my book.

We don't / can't bait in NY, but here (as in PA) the deer go where the food is whether it be a bait pile or natural browse. I have not hunter in PA for many years, but I know for a fact I can take you to a dozen spots in central PA and sit you down. You WILL see deer. Why? Because there is feed there. There has been feed there. There will be feed there for many years to come. All a bait pile does it concentrate a preferred food source in one spot. A grove of oak trees is little difference.

JMHO

VERY WEEL PUT ON WHAT A BAIT PILE IS...