Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Don't be stupid (like me) >

Don't be stupid (like me)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't be stupid (like me)

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't be stupid (like me)

I went up about 25 feet in a stand once without my safty belt and It wasn't cool. With my bow still on the ground, I shifted my weight to one side of the stand and away I was going. I jumped into a ceder tree next to the stand and that broke my fall. When I hit the ground I was waiting for something to start hurting but nothing. I was very lucky. I will no longer go into a stand 15 feet or higher without a belt on.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

It always amases me how a fall will educate someone. Make no mistake about it, I'm glad you are ok but I can't for the life of me understand why it always takes a fall torid someone of that macho attitude that it won't happen to me. How many times will we read a story like this this year, how many times have we already read one like it this year?
Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

I went up about 25 feet in a stand once without my safty belt and It wasn't cool. With my bow still on the ground, I shifted my weight to one side of the stand and away I was going. I jumped into a ceder tree next to the stand and that broke my fall. When I hit the ground I was waiting for something to start hurting but nothing. I was very lucky. I will no longer go into a stand 15 feet or higher without a belt on.
StabNslab~~ I am not lecturing you on anything but 15ft or 5ft any fall can turn you into a vegetable the way I look at it??
I figure its gonna hurt like sin no matter how high you fall!!??

Gd Luck

Old 09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

StabNslab~~ I am not lecturing you on anything but 15ft or 5ft any fall can turn you into a vegetable the way I look at it??
I figure its gonna hurt like sin no matter how high you fall!!??

Gd Luck
Agree 100% with you. I try not to leave without my belt but sometimes I wake up later then normal and rush to my stand. Its a long walk to most of them and don't want to walk back (lazy) but your right I could do the same amount of damage falling from 5 feet then if I fell from 15. Land on a branch or smack my head.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank God you are alive!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Did you break your ankle and ribs? ... praise God you are alive ...
No broken bones. A badly sprained left ankle and a bunch of brusies. I was very lucky and believe with my whole heart someone was looking out for me. I am still real sore today, but with the help of some Vicodin, I am able to curb most of the pain and move around.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Your a lucky dude.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

glad to hear u are ok bud be safe out there