Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes >

Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

I've hunted three evenings and all of them have included coyotes in the area. I see them in the CRP and in the alfalfa I am over. I had 4 of them last night frolicking for 2 hours they were playing and yapping. Does their presence keep deer away or do deer not really give a rip. I have seen deer but never while I see the coyotes. I did have a buck under me and he was staring into the alfalfa for 20 minutes and never noticed me. Finally I saw a coyote running around out in the field and he was intently watching it. Do they scare deer away?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

In my experience it depends, I have had Coyotes all around me and also had deer all around me at the same time, I have also had coyotes run deer off. But your best bet is to put the smack down on the coyotes, every state wants you to shoot them. a livestock farmer up the road from me was having problems with coyotes killing his calfs, told me he would pay me to shoot them on my property. So if they can kill a calf they can kill a deer. I would say your overloader with coyotes, and it is effecting your hunting.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM

I've seen coyotes run deer off a couple times
Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had coyotes run deer off several times. If you can put them down without spooking the deer, do so!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I see a yote he's going down.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do they scare deer away? Depends. They do EAT deer so I would switch out your bow for a rifle and do some serious coyote domination. I wouldnt try to use a bow either because coyotes are smart.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

I won't think twice about sticking one if it comes close enough, I am view them from a 100 yards or more right now.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:25 PM

the other night i was hunting in an area near a yote pack. a few deer ran out of a hollow and stood in the brush just outside my range. One doe kept looking into the hollow stomping her hooves and snorting. they eventually ran off. I knew they didnt see or smell me, cuz the wind was perfect, and they didnt look in my direction.
ten minutes later the yote pack started howling right where the deer came from.
Now I gotta go coyote hunting
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Coyotes here kill deer quite commonly, though mostly fawns in the spring and adult deer in the winter months. They tend to watch every move
the deer makes all year long. So IMO yes they do bother your hunting if not by chasing them, they make the deer more weary of it's surroundings.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM

kill them all

Quick Reply: Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.