Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lost my first deer EVER >

Lost my first deer EVER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost my first deer EVER

Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 AM

Default RE: Lost my first deer EVER

ORIGINAL: jackflap

Well If i wanted to get A whole bunch of sh** from people i woulda just said that i looked for a lil bit.... But i went out agin last night looking for him and I looked believe me!!!!! My dad and I looked for hours and found no blood nothing.... we looked all the trails, around where the last blood was and still nothing You guys dont think I feel like sh** enough???? but thanks for rubbing it in it really makes me feel a whole lot better about it it's obvious some of you from what it seems have never lost one!!! and dont now whats it's like and name calling WOW idiot?????? you ask me your the idiot but thanks to all of thoes that did give me advise!!! I thought we were all friends on this sight but i guess i was wrong
I didn't realize they would give you guys internet access during recess. Keep trying to sell if wish, but so far there ain't many buyers. Now finish your laugh and go back to class.
Really recess???? where did you come up with that one??? and you think I am laughing about this???
Old 09-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

We've all lost a deer before...at leat one. If someone tells me they have never lost a deer I usually say....

1. They're lying
2. They haven't been hunting very long

It really does suck. I was about to put the bow down at one point. If YOU feel you've given it all you can, then feel satisfied in that. It is a terrible feeling losing an animal. Trust me, I know.

I would go read Michael Hunsucker's thread too...case in point.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Muzzy Madness

Well If i wanted to get A whole bunch of sh** from people i woulda just said that i looked for a lil bit.... But i went out agin last night looking for him and I looked believe me!!!!! My dad and I looked for hours and found no blood nothing.... we looked all the trails, around where the last blood was and still nothing You guys dont think I feel like sh** enough???? but thanks for rubbing it in it really makes me feel a whole lot better about it it's obvious some of you from what it seems have never lost one!!! and dont now whats it's like and name calling WOW idiot?????? you ask me your the idiot but thanks to all of thoes that did give me advise!!! I thought we were all friends on this sight but i guess i was wrong
Ahh shake it off Muz... I know you must feel pretty bad.

I'm not going to make excuses for anyone around here, but I will say that the normal FIRST POST for a new member usually isn't something like yours was. And I think thats what threw a lot of folks off. Every now and again we'll get someone who likes to come around and stir the pot, I think some folks might of read your post and flagged you as one in error.

As to your situation, chin up... I know it must suck... but all you can do is learn from the experience... something went wrong somewhere along the way... just have to find out what it was and try to keep it from happening in the future. Best of luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry you lost your deer, it happens. I lost one many yearsago, I felt sick for a week. If you livein west KY. we can find that bad boy today. He headed straight for his bedding area, which could have him doubling back.My guess is that heis down with in 1'500 feet of were you shot him.

Get out there and look,good luck.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

It sucks to lose one and I feel for you! Out of 17 deer I have hit, I lost one so far and I hope it never happens again, too. Don't let it ruin your hunting attitude and keep working harder at it.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If this is real, then you most likely hit it above the spine and it will probably recover so long as the arrowpassed through and it doeesn't die from an infection.However, I would spend days trying to make sure that is what happened.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

MuzzyMadness,

So what's the scoop on the shot details, like was previously asked?

If you want help figuring out what happened, or want to learn more for next time, post 'em up. Can't help without the details.

Shooting from tree or ground?
distance to deer at time of shot?
how did the deer react to being hit? (jump and run or hunch and trot?)
Arrow found?
was arrow apass through or broken off down the trail?
fur color and type found at impact point?
blood/fur on arrow?
brown stinky fluid/food chunks on arrow?
blood color? (birght pink, bright red, darkred) /with bubbles?
blood on both sides of trail or just one?
normaltrotting/running hoofprint patterns or irregular/leg injured trail ?

Answer a few of these, and you may get more helpful answers.
Some users on here that may appear overly criticalcan be very helpful if you come with serious questions. Others are just perfect, never miss the kill zone, and wouldn't think of shooting anything less than a 200 class buck.

If you want help, don't sweat it...just share some info.

-Bulz

Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

good luck findin him
Old 09-19-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

MuzzyMadness,

So what's the scoop on the shot details, like was previously asked?

If you want help figuring out what happened, or want to learn more for next time, post 'em up. Can't help without the details.

Shooting from tree or ground?
distance to deer at time of shot?
how did the deer react to being hit? (jump and run or hunch and trot?)
Arrow found?
was arrow a pass through or broken off down the trail?
fur color and type found at impact point?
blood/fur on arrow?
brown stinky fluid/food chunks on arrow?
blood color? (birght pink, bright red, dark red) / with bubbles?
blood on both sides of trail or just one?
normal trotting/running hoofprint patterns or irregular/leg injured trail ?

Answer a few of these, and you may get more helpful answers.
Some users on here that may appear overly critical can be very helpful if you come with serious questions. Others are just perfect, never miss the kill zone, and wouldn't think of shooting anything less than a 200 class buck.

If you want help, don't sweat it...just share some info.

-Bulz
I was shooting from a tree
About 20 yrds.
When the arrow hit the deer it jumped right away then troted about 10 yrds then stopped flickered it's tail a couple times then walked slowly away for about another 10-15 yrds. then stopped for a while... then ran away but not like full bore...
the arrow went all the way through
there was fur on the arrow... My dad looked at it and said it was the right color fur that we want.
arrow was rather red
blood trail was bright red bled mainly on the right side where arrow entry was... but after a while it was bleeding on both sides sometimes there were little bubbles in the blood... some of the blood on the leaves looked as if it was getting pumped out... so I am pretty positive i got 1 lung
but it was hard to see tracks so i couldn't tell you how it was running/walking
Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 AM

Don't feel too bad man....you are not the only one to loose a deer. I haven't yet but that is because I still havent even seen one to shoot at. But last year some time me and my brother came across a deer layin down mostly decomposed with an arrow still sticking out of it. It is just one of those things that is gonna happen. You can't let it stop you from gettin back out there and tryin again.

Quick Reply: Lost my first deer EVER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.