Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Style

Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting Style

What hunting style would you say you employ the most? Don't say "Change it up", either

My hunting style can be catagorized as "Aggressive", I've always hunted that way. I hunt hard, and aggressive in ALL the kind of hunting I do. I've had the most success in hunting this way.

Why do you hunt the style in which you do?

Do you believe hunting style is dependent/influenced on terrain? Do you believe hunting style isinfluenced by personality?

Look forward to replies.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Style

I am very conservative. Sometimes too much. This year I will try to be a little more aggressive.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:11 PM

turkey gun agressive
turkey bow more conservative

deer conservative? I never stalk or still hunt, always from stands/blinds...
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt aggressive and scout a ton...Not as much as I use to but I learn and understand my deer during the summer months as September approaches. I have much success but I'm a firm believer that you have to be in YOUR PLACE at the right time...Regardless of my talent to close the deal and experience with white-tails...I'm still a firm believer that LUCK is what gives me my trophy.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aggressive more often than not. In my case I think it is a matter of personality.....I just don't want to wait for a deer/turkey/bear/etc, I want to go and get one.
Personally, and this might be inflammatory, but I think the majority of hunters hunt the way that they do because that is how their parents/mentors/hunting partners do. Kind of the "if it works for them it will work for me" mentality. Not saying there is anything wrong with this........its just my opinion.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Point Hurricane...I hunt like my uncles...they taught me...but they have gotten soft these days...[8D]
Old 09-16-2008, 07:32 PM

id say I'm Aggressive,well that's what people told me when i tell them i hunt with a rocket launcher,they say crazy im i say im smart, i kill it and cook it in a split second!!genius
Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

I am conservative early in the day and then i grow impatient and become aggressive towards the afternoon. If i'm not seeing anything near my stand i will climb down and creep through a few known bedding areas in hopes of jumping a sleeper. I've taken a few deer with that style, seems they always run about 30-40 yards and turn around to look at you.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

i guess you can say im somewhat agressive...last year i was rattling, grunting and using the can oct 12th and 13th...but it was COLD and hunting unpressured mountain deer...paid off...wasnt calling HARD...but was calling...earlier than most would ever touch antlers or can...

and i hunt my BEST areas pretty much ALL the time...areas most guys wouldnt touch till the later end of the season....i try to rotate them and keep them fresh...but im still in them all season. try to go once a week or less....

im in them for a couple reasons...1 they hold bucks all season 2 they have food and cover and are just good hunting spots 3 they are really the few areas i have scouted and permission to hunt...i dont have other options unless i just wanna sit in the woods and not see much of anything...

i try to be more of a low key agressive though...i wont be crashing horns and grunting loud and agressive till later in the season...i wont hunt my stands more than once a week till later in the season...you get the drift....
Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a very patient bow hunter. Some times too patient at times. I'm getting more aggressive the last few years but not too aggressive.

Quick Reply: Hunting Style

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.