HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Style
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Style

i guess you can say im somewhat agressive...last year i was rattling, grunting and using the can oct 12th and 13th...but it was COLD and hunting unpressured mountain deer...paid off...wasnt calling HARD...but was calling...earlier than most would ever touch antlers or can...

and i hunt my BEST areas pretty much ALL the time...areas most guys wouldnt touch till the later end of the season....i try to rotate them and keep them fresh...but im still in them all season. try to go once a week or less....

im in them for a couple reasons...1 they hold bucks all season 2 they have food and cover and are just good hunting spots 3 they are really the few areas i have scouted and permission to hunt...i dont have other options unless i just wanna sit in the woods and not see much of anything...

i try to be more of a low key agressive though...i wont be crashing horns and grunting loud and agressive till later in the season...i wont hunt my stands more than once a week till later in the season...you get the drift....