Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im Hurtin'

Old 09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Im Hurtin'

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

If taking up for your friend when the first post is a typical bawanajim smartassed answer, then yes, i am a jerk.
Its about getting good help and getting back out there?

Ask Matt how long he looked for his buck.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't know if these blood trackers are closed to you, but you could check:

J.R. Chappell
5513 Billtown road
Louisville, KY 40299
502-817-7454
[email protected]

Jason Turpen
759 Pineywoods Road
Nancy, Ky 42544
606-271-7159
[email protected]
I know louisville is about an hour and a half away and I have never heard of Nancy KY..... Thanks though
Old 09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Limbs happen. I've had my share, and lucked out to either clean misses or dead deer. I know you are in a completely bummed mood. Learn from it and move on, sounds as if the deer should live. I'm not the Rah-rah go get em next time type, but I;m also not going to beat down someone in this situation. Tough times will make you better in the long run. Good luck
Old 09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

If taking up for your friend when the first post is a typical bawanajim smartassed answer, then yes, i am a jerk.
Bite me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was smart azzed about getting good help and getting back out there?

Ask Matt how long he looked for his buck.

You wont find it sitting on the computer? So searching in the dark is much better? I think the whole purpose of her post was to get encouragement and perhaps just vent about injuring a deer, not get told to get off the computer and go stumble in the dark with a very weak blood trail.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Jenna it happens to everyone, the old saying- thats why they call it hunting and not killing..Everyone makes mistakes, she probably lived through it and you may get a crack at her again..

P.S. Limbs suck!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there Jenna.....Don't let it get you down, you will get another chance at her!!!! I am hoping the next time it will be a big ol' buck you got down though!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's good to feel a little guilty about not finding the beast but as long as worked hard in your recovery attempt sleep easy. I hit a deer poorly last season and put in a ton of hours over a couple of days and never found him. Sure it's a drag but just do the best you can.
It does sound like if you were finding bubbles than she won't be far so don't give up to quickly and good luck.

The hurt in not finding her also makes for a good hunter.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Before you go and flame and attack her, rest assured she was on the phone with me asking for advice off and on for 8 hours while looking for this deer. She put in her time looking for this deer, and I'm totally convinced the deer is still alive. Mistakes happen, and she is totally crushed about her mistake, so please, get off your holier than thou attitude. Dragging her through the dirt wont help things. Dont assume that just because she posts her asking for condolences that she didn't give it 110%.
Well said Josh! As far as I'm concerned she didn't kill this deer either. Probably a very high hit by the sounds of It. As for the bubbly blood, probably wasn't what It was. Hang In there Jenna, stuff like this happens allot to people. It happens to the best hunters out there whether they admit It or not! Get back up on that horse and ride! You will be fine, trust me!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Schultzy. After further talking to her, I'm 100% convinced the deer is alive. The bubbles were just small air bubbles on the plants, not the lung blood bubbles that are larger and/or frothy. That deer was hit high above the spine, and is still alive.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Before you go and flame and attack her, rest assured she was on the phone with me asking for advice off and on for 8 hours while looking for this deer. She put in her time looking for this deer, and I'm totally convinced the deer is still alive. Mistakes happen, and she is totally crushed about her mistake, so please, get off your holier than thou attitude. Dragging her through the dirt wont help things. Dont assume that just because she posts her asking for condolences that she didn't give it 110%.
Well said Josh! As far as I'm concerned she didn't kill this deer either. Probably a very high hit by the sounds of It. As for the bubbly blood, probably wasn't what It was. Hang In there Jenna, stuff like this happens allot to people. It happens to the best hunters out there whether they admit It or not! Get back up on that horse and ride! You will be fine, trust me!

Thank you. I dont think the bubbles were lung bubbles. They were very tiny...and were only in a few drops. I only had one good trail and it was like 4 feet of good blood...then pin drops again.

I searched my heart out...and so did my dad and my friend. Its killin me...but like you said, even the best hunters will lose a deer sometime in their life.

Hopefully it will benefit me somehow in the end. Cuz right now I feel like crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.