Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im Hurtin'

Old 09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Im Hurtin'

Well after a week and a half of hunting, I finally got my opportunity at a nice doe this morning. She came in perfect, 10 yards, broadside...just browsing away at the fallen locust pods. I drew my bow and placed my pin behind her shoulder and sent the arrow.......right into a limb. I hit her high, and she trotted off with her tail tucked. I could see the arrow didnt get good penetration, and was only buried in about 6 inches.

I was devastated. All the practice and hard work this summer that I was so sure would pay off....didnt.
I screwed up. I failed to notice a small, tiny, little twig that sent my arrow right into the wrong spot of a gorgeous doe.

I got down and checked the spot for blood. To my suprise she was bleeding well, and this got my spirits a little higher. I left the area for an hour and a half and went back to the blood. I went about 5 feet from where I stopped and I seen nothing, zero, Na-da. I was so disapointed I just sat in the dew covered grass and cried(yes a little wimpy, but what can you expect from a girl who just lost what could have been her second bowkill deer.)

I called a friend and asked for some help and he came over about an hour later and we picked up the trail. Pin drop after pin drop we followed and followed...looking for blood that was getting thinner and thinner. We found a good spot about 80 yards into the trail...it changed my doubting mind into thinking we might have a chance at finding this animal.

I was wrong. The bright red blood soon ran thin again and we came to a dead end. We searched and searched but came up empty. I am just completely devastated. I really dont even want to go back into the woods for a while. I just cant see how I can screw something up that I worked so hard for.

If my passion for hunting wasnt as strong as it is, I would defnitely call it quits. This is the second deer I have lost in my short 4 year career...and its just too much to handle (for me).

Just wish me luck in my future hunts, and pray for no twigs!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Im Hurtin'

Posting here won't find your deer. Twigs happen ,get back out there with some experienced help and find your deer.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bright red, bubbly blood soon ran thin again and we came to a dead end.

That right there should get you back in the field and find that doe! You need to go find her, she is dead.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been out there since 9 this morning. I have roamed the entire woods. I cant find her.

There was only 1 spot with bubbles....so I dont know whats wrong.

I cant help it.....
Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

KYDEERHUNTER03- How did you lose the first deer if you don't mine me asking ?Hang in there , i know you feel bad about it but it's going to happen .When your clearing your shooting lanes always check and double check to make sure you haven't over looked anything like limbs .Just remember the old saying if you fall of thr horse get right back on .Just remember the next time you get a shot at a deer clear your mine of any negetive thought befor you draw down on one Good luck to you and let me know how it turned out .
Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you go and flame and attack her, rest assured she was on the phone with me asking for advice off and on for 8 hours while looking for this deer. She put in her time looking for this deer, and I'm totally convinced the deer is still alive. Mistakes happen, and she is totally crushed about her mistake, so please, get off your holier than thou attitude. Dragging her through the dirt wont help things. Dont assume that just because she posts her asking for condolences that she didnt give it 110%.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Edit for my man Josh.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If taking up for your friend when the first post is a typical bawanajim smartalecked answer, then yes, i am a jerk.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh, I can see how his post could be inflammatory. But other than that, we are all offering her encouragement.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if these blood trackers are closed to you, but you could check:

J.R.Chappell
5513 Billtown road
Louisville,KY40299
502-817-7454
[email protected]

JasonTurpen
759 Pineywoods Road
Nancy,Ky42544
606-271-7159
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.