Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail? >

Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail?

HELL NO

No way would I give up 1 moment of my life for a deer.Life is too precious and can be over in the blink of an eye and you NEVER get it back.All you 20 somethings need to know and believe this.The greatest day of your life might be tomorrow,you may meet the love of your life or a new born child may enter into your life changing the meaning of it for you.The one that means the most to you may pass away and you wouldn't be able to say good bye.

I charrish each memory I make with my kids whether it is with my son hitting homeruns or my daughter winning a national dance championship.

A deer is just a deer but blood is forever.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail?

TFOX honestly stole the words outta my mouth....life is short enough as it is. i spend my time hunting because i enjoy it. but im still living life...moment by moment...never know when the next hunt is gunna be the last...too many other important things in life to give up even a day over a deer....

just my true feelings on the subject....
Old 09-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Nope I wouldn't I'm going to be a daddy in 2 months and there would be no way I'd give up anytime with her for a deer. They only thing I go for when I hunt deer is meat the horns are just a bonus.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

I would give up 5-10 years.
LMAO!

Depends on how my life would play out..but most likely yea, if give up a year. But then again, if I shoot the WR buck...no one is going to come shoot me a year before Im supposed to croak, so Ill take the chance at the buck BEFORE i deduct a year. lol
I am dead serious![8D] I would do it with no hesitation.
BullMoose,
Your response has piqued my interest- I have a couple of questions for you....

- Do you have a wife?
- Do you have kids?
- Do you have grandchildren?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, would you so easily trade 5-10 years of your life & denying yourself the opportunity to share & witness great experieinces with any of these family members?

If- on the other hand, you're not married, don't have any kids or grandchildren, then I can see why you'd so quickly give up 5-10 years of your life for a WR Whitetail.

Rob
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

No way. There are a whole lot of things I would give up for one more year with either of my grandpa's.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can tell you this,my dad passed away when I was 3 ,so I would give up alot,to spend just ONE DAY with him.[&o]I wouldn't give up a year of my life though,because that would mean a year lost with my kids.

Those that say they would give up a year for a deer,look at it from that perspective.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

The reason i posted this question was because i read it in a mag. The author said he asked it at a show he was speaking at and said that ALMOST everyone that said yes was between the age of 18 and 30. I do not know the age of everyone that voted but i think we probably have the same results here. I personally would not trade a year for the WR Buck............................................i may trade one of my inlaws for one. LOL im joking
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jimmy28303

The reason i posted this question was because i read it in a mag. The author said he asked it at a show he was speaking at and said that ALMOST everyone that said yes was between the age of 18 and 30. I do not know the age of everyone that voted but i think we probably have the same results here. I personally would not trade a year for the WR Buck............................................i may trade one of my inlaws for one. LOL im joking

NOW,THAT,I might agree with.[8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

No way!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nah, Its not worth it if you think about it, cause even if you killed it someone some day somehow some way would kill a bigger one...

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Would you trade 1 year of your life to shoot the next World Record Whitetail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.