Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion) >

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Old 09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

If that stuff works why not just buy the $10 spray?????[&:]I have yet to hear a good argument against this reasoning.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for opening my eyes guys..you ..great post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only thing I do for scent control is shower with unscented soap, wash my clothes in baking soda, and use unscented deodorant. You can't eliminate your scent but no sense (pun intended) going into the woods reeking of perfumes.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:57 PM

I know some folks that have sat on a log on the ground and had to throw their lit cigarette down to nail a deer that walked within 30 yards of them.The old timers managed without it, I can too.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason I wont buy a scent lok suit anytime soon, is very simply because you see all the Pro's on tv hunting with it sure thats awesome, but listen to them sometime, "Ohh we cant hunt that stand because its got a North west wind and that would carry our scent out over the beans which would bust the deer"

OK you've got your scent suit and blah blah blah Take your scent free bath blah blah blah Now spray with this 20 dollar stuff blah blah blah Dude... You already paid 200 bucks for the suit and you cant even hunt where you want to hunt??? why bother??

Sorry. Just I saw a hunter last night say that so it sorta cheesed me off.

But to me thats why I think Scent lok is a Joke.

Ryan.
Gosh. I never thought of it that way.

Now that you mention it.. you're correct.. why do I spend "big" bucks on a suit thats not even MAGICAL.

I'm such an idiot.. and thank you for pointing this out.

Next you're gonna tell me that my 15 dollar grunt call doesn't even call in deer all the time. Please don't tell me its not magical too... what will I have to live for?

I can't believe anything anymore. [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Old 09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

You better believe all the hype..and here's a deal for those who say the can't afford it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX: IT&item=280264155337
Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM

From a scientific point of view I think it's already been proven that Scent Lok can't work. At least not after the first hour or two that you wear it new out of the packaging. The carbon gets saturated and that is that. You can't reactivate it at temps less than 850 degrees CELSIUS, so forget about the dryer. You are left with a suit that is slightly heavier than a normal one with no advantage.

http://www.norit-ac.com/english/acti...t=reactivation

I bought into the hype a few years ago, and was getting winded on the second day I wore it. Never again. Keep your hunting clothes clean, shower before heading out, and try not to sweat. Not much else you can do. I still wear my Scent Lok suit, but it's for the GoreTex, not the carbon.

dan
ORIGINAL: MNDan

From a scientific point of view I think it's already been proven that Scent Lok can't work. At least not after the first hour or two that you wear it new out of the packaging. The carbon gets saturated and that is that. You can't reactivate it at temps less than 850 degrees CELSIUS, so forget about the dryer. You are left with a suit that is slightly heavier than a normal one with no advantage.

http://www.norit-ac.com/english/activatedcarbon.asp?submenuCat=reactivation

I bought into the hype a few years ago, and was getting winded on the second day I wore it. Never again. Keep your hunting clothes clean, shower before heading out, and try not to sweat. Not much else you can do. I still wear my Scent Lok suit, but it's for the GoreTex, not the carbon.

dan

I agree with this also. I own countless scent lock and scent shield clothing. Its a waste of money in my opinion. Now, I look for quality clothing, with cuffs, zippers, snaps and material, that works for me. I just keep my clothes cleaned with proper scent free detergent, and then I double bag them, and store them in sealable plastic bins. I air out my boots regularly, and wash them also in the sink. It works for me, and makes me feel like I have done everything necessary. Thermals and the wind is an uncontrollable element, and must be played wisely.

Jason
Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Does it help. Probably. Can you ever truly measure how much. Nope. Buy it and wear it if you like it. It's good quality and is good stuff. I don't own any and don't plan on buying any. I'm more about extreme scent control with my body and regular camo. But to each their own. I have plenty of friends that use it and good for them!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jason Cuda

dan
ORIGINAL: MNDan

dan

I agree with this also. I own countless scent lock and scent shield clothing. Its a waste of money in my opinion. Now, I look for quality clothing, with cuffs, zippers, snaps and material, that works for me. I just keep my clothes cleaned with proper scent free detergent, and then I double bag them, and store them in sealable plastic bins. I air out my boots regularly, and wash them also in the sink. It works for me, and makes me feel like I have done everything necessary. Thermals and the wind is an uncontrollable element, and must be played wisely.

Jason
EXACTLY! My opinion also.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gosh. I never thought of it that way.

Now that you mention it.. you're correct.. why do I spend "big" bucks on a suit thats not even MAGICAL.

I'm such an idiot.. and thank you for pointing this out.

Next you're gonna tell me that my 15 dollar grunt call doesn't even call in deer all the time. Please don't tell me its not magical too... what will I have to live for?

I can't believe anything anymore.
Gee.. I write 1 little sarcastic comment towards the reasoning behind this thread and someone calls me an idiot over pm.

Gotta love forums and the internet.

Quick Reply: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.