HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Jason Cuda

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

From a scientific point of view I think it's already been proven that Scent Lok can't work. At least not after the first hour or two that you wear it new out of the packaging. The carbon gets saturated and that is that. You can't reactivate it at temps less than 850 degrees CELSIUS, so forget about the dryer. You are left with a suit that is slightly heavier than a normal one with no advantage.

http://www.norit-ac.com/english/acti...t=reactivation

I bought into the hype a few years ago, and was getting winded on the second day I wore it. Never again. Keep your hunting clothes clean, shower before heading out, and try not to sweat. Not much else you can do. I still wear my Scent Lok suit, but it's for the GoreTex, not the carbon.

dan
ORIGINAL: MNDan

From a scientific point of view I think it's already been proven that Scent Lok can't work. At least not after the first hour or two that you wear it new out of the packaging. The carbon gets saturated and that is that. You can't reactivate it at temps less than 850 degrees CELSIUS, so forget about the dryer. You are left with a suit that is slightly heavier than a normal one with no advantage.

http://www.norit-ac.com/english/activatedcarbon.asp?submenuCat=reactivation

I bought into the hype a few years ago, and was getting winded on the second day I wore it. Never again. Keep your hunting clothes clean, shower before heading out, and try not to sweat. Not much else you can do. I still wear my Scent Lok suit, but it's for the GoreTex, not the carbon.

dan

I agree with this also. I own countless scent lock and scent shield clothing. Its a waste of money in my opinion. Now, I look for quality clothing, with cuffs, zippers, snaps and material, that works for me. I just keep my clothes cleaned with proper scent free detergent, and then I double bag them, and store them in sealable plastic bins. I air out my boots regularly, and wash them also in the sink. It works for me, and makes me feel like I have done everything necessary. Thermals and the wind is an uncontrollable element, and must be played wisely.

Jason