Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's tested.... >

Who's tested....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's tested....

Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Who's tested....

OK I didn't want to put Rage in the title cuz, heck I'd probably skipthe threadmyself ...BUT

Who's tested the actual broadhead flight against the practice head? I've shot the crap out of the practice head and it flies great, but I know I won't be comfortable going to the woods,until I ruin a real $13 dollar head with 1 shot into my 3D target.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Default RE: Who's tested....

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

OK I didn't want to put Rage in the title cuz, heck I'd probably skipthe threadmyself ...BUT

Who's tested the actual broadhead flight against the practice head? I've shot the crap out of the practice head and it flies great, but I know I won't be comfortable going to the woods,until I ruin a real $13 dollar head with 1 shot into my 3D target.
They hit the same for me. Mine wasnt ruined either...just shoot a relatively worn out spot on target...and if head doesnt fully penetrate push it all the way through and unscrew....my blades werent bent when I tried this, just resharpened and I was golden.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i didn't trust mine as well. i didn't shoot it into my 3d but i did into my bag and it flew great. you can always buy replacement blades
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

But Drop..before you shot those deer did you shoot 1 before you went to the bush with them the 1st time...or am I just overly cautious?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

The first time I tested mine was at 24 yards on a doe, 2 lungs and 50 yards later I was sold. I figure the snypers flew true so why not the rage's
Old 09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me they bothflew the same. I wanted to be cofident with my setup so i went ahead and shot one in my 3d target and it flew just like the practice head.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Let me get this straight. You're shooting a broadhead that's suppose to be God's gift to the bowhunting community.(at least that's what everyone tells us here) And yet, no one dares shoot it into a piece of foam for fear of damaging it. I'm sorry, but I find that as dumb as it gets. If the thing is that flimsy, why would you buy it to begin with. There are so many broadheads that shoot just as well and will blow through deer, targets and just about anything you shoot them at... again and again. Afraid to shoot a piece of foam, I'm sorry.... that's not something I'd want to carry in my quiver. I don't care if they've killed bronze elephants.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Let me get this straight. You're shooting a broadhead that's suppose to be God's gift to the bowhunting community.(at least that's what everyone tells us here) And yet, no one dares shoot it into a piece of foam for fear of damaging it. I'm sorry, but I find that as dumb as it gets. If the thing is that flimsy, why would you buy it to begin with. There are so many broadheads that shoot just as well and will blow through deer, targets and just about anything you shoot them at... again and again. Afraid to shoot a piece of foam, I'm sorry.... that's not something I'd want to carry in my quiver. I don't care if they've killed bronze elephants.
I shot mine in my 3d target and it didn't hurt it at all. Just needs another o ring and it would be ready to.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well David thats how I am. Even when I shot Muzzy's for every year previous, I shot 1 or more into my target and they NEVER went to the woods with me. I don't want to risk perhaps the shot of a lifetime on a broadhead that's been previously shot and some-what dulled in that process. Can I resharpen them? Sure, factory sharp? Nope and honest enough to admit it!

Quick Reply: Who's tested....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.