Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Orange Tape

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Spike

Default Orange Tape

On Public Land what does orange tape around a tree mean? Does that mean someone is already hunting that spot. Also how do you guys feel about this?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Orange Tape

Could mean someone else is out there. Also the forestry depts and loggers, ect use this to mark section lines, boundries, ect....
Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

I usually leave gamelands with a pocket full of orange tape. Isnt that a form of littering?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM

Are you sure that part ispublic? Around here that is the what the townships use to mark the boundry of personal land. A lot of time there isn't a state sign showing you where the land ends and private land starts.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 AM

what most use it for is to mark a trail to get back to thier kill in case they need to make multiple trips. i've seen less of it since more hunters carry GPS's. It's also good to string around the horns of a kill so you don't get shot packing out.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

SOB....

Do you guys realize how much I pay surveyors to mark property lines? And NOW you tell me you remove it and carry it out with you?

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 AM

I remove all tape I come across on public land. All tape.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know my boundaries as well as the state forest boundaries that surround the Northern part of our property at the cabin. I take tape out all the time, why, because it is how John Q. Knucklehead sneaks ontothe top of our property in the dark via state game lands. I just got a call from a friend that said he found at bunch of tape lines leading on our property this past week. He called me to ask if they were ours, and if they weren't he would gladly take them down. I never reall thought of it as littering, but I guess it could be. I feel the same way about the reflective tacks, ONLY because 90 percent of the jerks that pound them in, NEVER TAKE THEM OUT. And theyusually serve thesame purpose as the tape near my property.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM

i agree remove all litter frm public land. i get pockets full during the season.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 AM

the one piece of public land hunt has so many tackson so many trees I don't know how any one can tell whats what. I remove them to.

Quick Reply: Orange Tape

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.