Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attention Facepainters >

Attention Facepainters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attention Facepainters

Old 09-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Default Attention Facepainters

Ok, I'm giving ita shot this year. I have never used the facepaint before, mainly, because I thought it was silly...I went through probably 100 bucks worth of face masks, and still havent found one that I like. I found one last year, but lost the only two I had and can't find a match this year.[:@]

So what's the best brand of face paint to use? Which ones wash off with sweat? Which ones wont come off with steel wool....guide me to the ultimate facepaint, Wash this is all yours bud. I need to get a pack or two when I buy replacement blades for y strikers tonight...so which should I go with?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Attention Facepainters

I'd tell you which one NOT to get (because you will need steel wool)....but someone will be along in a few minutes and tell you it's the bomb!

I finally found a maskI love. Under Armour.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd tell you which one NOT to get (because you will need steel wool)....but someone will be along in a few minutes and tell you it's the bomb!

I finally found a maskI love. Under Armour.

well lets hear it anyway...

UA was eh for me...I cant have something covering my hair or I constantly itch and reposition it...half masks are my ticket, the thin stretchy kind...I just don't know where to get some.[&o]
Old 09-10-2008, 04:59 PM

I cant use a mask when archery hunting. I do use face paint because of that reason. I get mine from friends in the USMC. I used to be in so i have quite a few friends that are willing to send me whatever i need/want. I honestly only use the black though. I do something similar to tiger stipes and leave it at that.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:19 PM

i have hunters specialtys (didnt spell that right) and i have used it to go up into my treestand in my back yard, and in florida over the summer is hot, and it didnt come off just dont push real hard against your face (i havent tried that) but i did have a ich and it didnt come off.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

TEmbry--I have the same problem with the old head itching. I got a face mask that looks like this a week ago...comfortable as heck. Just keep it around your neck and pull it up when you need it.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 PM

I've yet to find a good face paint that isn't messy and that is easy to come off.... I've tried it all andthey allhave theirfaults... Probably the easiest to get off was burnt cork.. Of course its only comes in black
Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ordered some in from Robinson Outdoors (Scentblocker) on my last big call-in, intending to maybe use it for elk hunting sometime... I never did use it, so I can't give any feedback... but it looks good. [8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am also going to the face paint this year...for all the wrong reasons...

I think it will add some spark to video...and it will remind me of how I hunted in 1986 when I was 11 years old.

I'm gonna use the paint this year for sentimental reasons. Otherwise I use under Armour....its tight to the face and low maintenance.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

TEmbry--I have the same problem with the old head itching. I got a face mask that looks like this a week ago...comfortable as heck. Just keep it around your neck and pull it up when you need it.

Hey, I guess GERM wasn't lying, he did have a modeling contract!!!!

TEmbry, I use a Hunter's Specialty compact I picked up at Wal-Mart, and it works just fine, the mirror is ok enough that you can see what you're doing, go with the DARKER stuff on your NOSE, and the more prominent areas, high cheek bones, forehead, etc, use the lighter stuff in the shadowed areas, below eyebrows, top lip, etc. I only wear a "half-mask" of facepaint, the rest of my face/ears is covered with a Neck-Gaiter that I pull up over my head, and then I put a hat on top of my head. I've shaved my head for years, and it's works great for me. I nearly ALWAYS keep my mouth covered, as I believe much of our "offensive" scent is emitted from our mouths, and since I've changed to this method, it seems like my deer sightings have increased probably 25-30%.

Quick Reply: Attention Facepainters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.