Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attention Facepainters >

Attention Facepainters

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attention Facepainters

Old 09-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Attention Facepainters

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

Facepaint? Deer can't see like us anyway. Bird hunting yes.

If your going to war yes but hunting? Never heard of that in my life.
Hmmm. have to disagree a bit there. Yes they are color blind but they can see contrasts just fine.. a white face is going to standout like a stop sign compared to a camo face. Ultimately scent is your biggest problem but you should cover all your bases if you can!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wally world has got this little deal. They didnt have the kind I used last year either, And I lost mine, But this one is just as good, Just a extra strip accross the forehead. $10. I can pick one up for your and send it to you, if your local doesnt have one...

Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Wally world has got this little deal. They didnt have the kind I used last year either, And I lost mine, But this one is just as good, Just a extra strip accross the forehead. $10. I can pick one up for your and send it to you, if your local doesnt have one...
Thats what I like.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Thanks for the offer, but ours has those too. I dont like...like I said I am picky about face masks. Mainly because if you keep any facial hair those type that contour your face itch like crazy....That half mask is tight until your jawline then it just hangs loose to the bottom. Me like. Plus they were like $2. I bought 3 for me and a friend, I would give $5 each to have the rest of the shelf of them now though.[&:]

Im going to try and find a few tubes of that HS paint like Dan said. I found one of my old halfmasks, so if I can keep up with it Ill use it some too.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:04 PM

Should be able to find that stuff anywhere, Trevor. Let me know if you can't. I have three tubes left and just picked up another pack today ($5.95).

Let me know.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Ok, I'm giving ita shot this year. I have never used the facepaint before, mainly, because I thought it was silly...I went through probably 100 bucks worth of face masks, and still havent found one that I like. I found one last year, but lost the only two I had and can't find a match this year.[:@]

So what's the best brand of face paint to use? Which ones wash off with sweat? Which ones wont come off with steel wool....guide me to the ultimate facepaint, Wash this is all yours bud. I need to get a pack or two when I buy replacement blades for y strikers tonight...so which should I go with?
Grow some facial hair there youngen!!![8D]
Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Ok, I'm giving ita shot this year. I have never used the facepaint before, mainly, because I thought it was silly...I went through probably 100 bucks worth of face masks, and still havent found one that I like. I found one last year, but lost the only two I had and can't find a match this year.[:@]

So what's the best brand of face paint to use? Which ones wash off with sweat? Which ones wont come off with steel wool....guide me to the ultimate facepaint, Wash this is all yours bud. I need to get a pack or two when I buy replacement blades for y strikers tonight...so which should I go with?
LOL thats definately not the problem, my dad has called me wooly mammoth since I was like 10, i used to be fat so it was more fitting back then. LMAO[8D]

I COULD grow a beard to cover my face, but I cant stand the feel of em...had one for about a month this spring...couldnt take it anymore....May try again in cold weather.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

LOL thats definately not the problem, my dad has called me wooly mammoth since I was like 10, i used to be fat so it was more fitting back then. LMAO[8D]

I COULD grow a beard to cover my face, but I cant stand the feel of em...had one for about a month this spring...couldnt take it anymore....May try again in cold weather.
I was just giving you a hard time there Grizzly Adams!![8D] I use to always use face paint all the time but man It gets old wiping It off every night. A light beard takes the shine off the face so that works for me. I may have to throw some paint on again though some time just to bring the old times back. That use to be fun making your own designs on your face. Me and my bro had some good ones!!