Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH USERS BEWARE! >

BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Sorry to hear that! Glad everyone is ok thats the main thing.Now for the bow I'm thinking the same thing along the lines of Jeff don't know the history of the bow which is 3 years old? Has it been to a shop and gone over ...ie(new string,greased bolts,tuned up, pm'ed) sometimes the little things you let go over time bite you in the end. Sorry to hear all about the bow none the less.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blasphemy.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Sorry to hear that! Glad everyone is ok thats the main thing.Now for the bow I'm thinking the same thing along the lines of Jeff don't know the history of the bow which is 3 years old? Has it been to a shop and gone over ...ie(new string,greased bolts,tuned up, pm'ed) sometimes the little things you let go over time bite you in the end. Sorry to hear all about the bow none the less.

For the record I had a bow that was over 10 years old, and it's still a shooter.

The issue is not the bow IMO, it's the setup
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

People on the board can rationalize the brake however they want. I'm just glad to hear he is OK. It sure could have been a lot worse.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Bluetickhunter

no he didnt even realease the arrow he still had his realease cliped after it happed a beice of the cam stuck 8inches in the ground he;s got lifetime warrenty on it i hope they cover it
GRAMMAR. It is really tough to read whatyou're typing...sorry.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 AM

Glad to hear he is okay.

Hey...tell him I got a 06 Tribby. If he's interested I'll make him a good deal on it.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

People on the board can rationalize the brake however they want. I'm just glad to hear he is OK. It sure could have been a lot worse.
Yes indeed, but I do think we need to take a good long hard look at what we are doing. The next guy may not be so lucky.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: Bluetickhunter

no he didnt even realease the arrow he still had his realease cliped after it happed a beice of the cam stuck 8inches in the ground he;s got lifetime warrenty on it i hope they cover it
GRAMMAR. It is really tough to read whatyou're typing...sorry.
He's speaking coon dog. Since i have one I understand him without much trouble.

Really isn't that big a deal. How long could it take to read it even slowly, 20 seconds?

The bows are taken care of ifhe isthe origanal owner.

I know bows blow up but I've been on these forums for some time and Hoyts are another company that people love to slam (deservidly in some cases ) I can't count on 3 fingers the number of times I've read of them breaking. BT on the other hand would take more fingers then I have. Just saying...
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I can't count on 3 fingers the number of times I've read of them breaking.
Quit braggin....and it's not a stretch when there's only 7 in use, right now, for something other than a boat anchor.

(I keed!)
Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Germ

What arrow did he shoot? I suspect in this age of lighter arrows we are going to be seeing more of this, I really think Bowtech is a victim of their own success here. They make a fast bow, so I suspect guys are pushing the limit on weight of the arrow. After a bit of time shooting this is what we get, and yes I called it in 2005 I posted somewhere on wait until these preloaded limbs get 3 0r 4 years on them shooting a light arrow.

BOOM

No he didnt even shoot the arrow you guys he was DRAWING BACK when it happened his release was still clipped even after this all happeend so it has nothing to do with the arrow and either way the arrow was rated for the bow what do you guys think bowtech or the dealer will do he has a lifetime warrenty but would it be covered? he is the only owner and he is the type of guys who aint rich but got a nice bow when i came out and has kept very very very good care hasnt been dropped or dryfired in the 3 years he has had it i dunno just strikes me as weird hope he gets a new bow out of it or atleats they fix his season is 3 weeks away the bow has only about 500 shots threw it

matt

Quick Reply: BOWTECH USERS BEWARE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.