Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you had to choose one..... >

If you had to choose one.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had to choose one.....

Old 09-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you had to choose one.....

Enjoying....apreciating God`s creation
The sound of silence
the rustle of leaves and the heartpounding anticipation that follows
watching a yearling buck walk by without knowing I`m there and being glad I didn`t shoot
too many to choose just one for me
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 AM

Getting my father back into bowhunting this year.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The peace and solitude of the fall and all its wonders....
Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 AM

I think it's the just getting out in the woods. I love sitting out there and glassing for deer and and the smells of the woods. You got the love it.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 AM

I'll be honest and say it is killing whatever animal I am there to kill. Yeah...I like being out there, I like just seeing the animals, I like relaxing, and I like spending time with friends and family. But...I don't need to go hunting (out there with intent to kill) to do those things. I can do those things at my convenience and liesure without havingto get up at dark thirty after an hour or two of sleep, freeze my butt off, or make monetary and family sacrifices.

However...I willsay that I would give up all my kills for the year to be sitting with both my kids when they get theirs. My daughter is plenty big and old enough to kill a deer on her own, or with one of our cameramen with her, but yet I just can't not sit with herwhen it is her time to go hunting.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I go t o stand really early in the mornings.....on purpose. It serves two roles....

1. I NEED to get there early to beat them home.

I would say the alone time with myself and God. I spend my time on stand, thinking about anything and everything that goes on in my life, as well as discussing that with God in my prayers. Sure the scenery is beautiful and the kill offers an adrenaline rush like no other, but I find out alot about myself every year in the deer stand.
I'm somewhat ashamedto say that it takes this time of year for me to sometimes re-connect, fully. I look forward every morning to getting in early, getting dressed from my perch and that moment when I get "set" and sit down is magical. It'll hit me as I'm walking to stand, Saturday morning. It'll be a bit different in that I'm going to be in unfamiliar woods, this weekend, but the feeling I trust will be similar. All becomes right with the world for that moment.

I had similar feeling when I waterfowl hunted.....and got the boat to my spot, blind set up.....and my dog and I could share that time. I still miss her and those moments. She was a GREAT friend and hunting partner. Godspeed Ashley.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be hunting with some new friends in WISC and sharing some new hunting stories around the camp fire.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

spending time with my cousin who is my hunting partner, we succesfully hunted just about all the species in ohio together, early this year he was alomst killed in a bad accident, so im grateful that i have him..hes more like a brother.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Two extra months to hunt deer.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good morning Landon,
Good question!
The one thing that always stands out to me is the smell of the fall woods. It stirs something in me and makes me feel alive again. I also enjoy the quiet times to reconnect with God and refocus my life.
My girlfriend notices it. She says there's a twinkle in my eye when I hunt.

Quick Reply: If you had to choose one.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.