HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you had to choose one.....
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you had to choose one.....

I go t o stand really early in the mornings.....on purpose. It serves two roles....

1. I NEED to get there early to beat them home.

I would say the alone time with myself and God. I spend my time on stand, thinking about anything and everything that goes on in my life, as well as discussing that with God in my prayers. Sure the scenery is beautiful and the kill offers an adrenaline rush like no other, but I find out alot about myself every year in the deer stand.
I'm somewhat ashamedto say that it takes this time of year for me to sometimes re-connect, fully. I look forward every morning to getting in early, getting dressed from my perch and that moment when I get "set" and sit down is magical. It'll hit me as I'm walking to stand, Saturday morning. It'll be a bit different in that I'm going to be in unfamiliar woods, this weekend, but the feeling I trust will be similar. All becomes right with the world for that moment.

I had similar feeling when I waterfowl hunted.....and got the boat to my spot, blind set up.....and my dog and I could share that time. I still miss her and those moments. She was a GREAT friend and hunting partner. Godspeed Ashley.