Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats up with rage?? >

whats up with rage??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats up with rage??

Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default whats up with rage??

why dose rages web page say that the cuting diamiter is 2.5in for the 2 blade and all the ones at the stores say 2in for the 2 blade??
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: whats up with that??

2.5" on entry, only.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Example, my 1.5" Snypers deploy out to 2 plus inches before folding back and leave 3" holes in deer.

The blades on the 2" Rage open wider at impact than the 2" it has when folded open fully deployed.

Here's the example of Snypers.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nvm.. rob illustrated this perfectly..
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the help

dose it stay fully deployed the hole time it is in the deer or can bones and such push them back?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont understand how they cut before being fully opened and "locked" back(lack of a better term i know they dont lock) i mean i undertand that your arrow is flying FAST and hitting HARD....but ive pushed those blades through a bunch of things(snypers) and they open SUPER easy....open on everything but air...and know they are super sharp....but dont really understand how they can cut like the DO without being locked back....
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i dont understand how they cut before being fully opened and "locked" back(lack of a better term i know they dont lock) i mean i undertand that your arrow is flying FAST and hitting HARD....but ive pushed those blades through a bunch of things(snypers) and they open SUPER easy....open on everything but air...and know they are super sharp....but dont really understand how they can cut like the DO without being locked back....
I don't understand the language this thread was started in [8D]
Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt, PT....but hell it was even edited![&:]
Old 09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mauser06

All I can simply deduce captn is that the blades snapping open like that rip and tear. Like you said, even on paper they cut a much larger hole than they measure at. The impact slams those blades open fully before folding back, at that impact they are cutting that swatch of a hole and then folding back. It is what it is and my holes don't lie!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be shootin' them badboys this year .... can't wait to see what they do up close

Quick Reply: whats up with rage??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.