HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   whats up with rage?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262112-whats-up-rage.html)

Tbone1187 09-08-2008 04:31 PM

whats up with rage??

why dose rages web page say that the cuting diamiter is 2.5in for the 2 blade and all the ones at the stores say 2in for the 2 blade??

GMMAT 09-08-2008 04:37 PM

RE: whats up with that??

2.5" on entry, only.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-08-2008 04:57 PM

Example, my 1.5" Snypers deploy out to 2 plus inches before folding back and leave 3" holes in deer.

The blades on the 2" Rage open wider at impact than the 2" it has when folded open fully deployed.

Here's the example of Snypers.

fingerz42 09-08-2008 04:59 PM

Nvm.. rob illustrated this perfectly..

mauser06 09-08-2008 05:00 PM

i dont understand how they cut before being fully opened and "locked" back(lack of a better term i know they dont lock) i mean i undertand that your arrow is flying FAST and hitting HARD....but ive pushed those blades through a bunch of things(snypers) and they open SUPER easy....open on everything but air...and know they are super sharp....but dont really understand how they can cut like the DO without being locked back....

Tbone1187 09-08-2008 05:00 PM

thanks for the help

dose it stay fully deployed the hole time it is in the deer or can bones and such push them back?

PreacherTony 09-08-2008 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i dont understand how they cut before being fully opened and "locked" back(lack of a better term i know they dont lock) i mean i undertand that your arrow is flying FAST and hitting HARD....but ive pushed those blades through a bunch of things(snypers) and they open SUPER easy....open on everything but air...and know they are super sharp....but dont really understand how they can cut like the DO without being locked back....
I don't understand the language this thread was started in [8D]

GMMAT 09-08-2008 05:09 PM

I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt, PT....but hell it was even edited![&:]

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-08-2008 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

All I can simply deduce captn is that the blades snapping open like that rip and tear. Like you said, even on paper they cut a much larger hole than they measure at. The impact slams those blades open fully before folding back, at that impact they are cutting that swatch of a hole and then folding back. It is what it is and my holes don't lie! :D

PreacherTony 09-08-2008 05:17 PM

I'll be shootin' them badboys this year .... can't wait to see what they do up close