Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do some of you even hunt? >

Why do some of you even hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do some of you even hunt?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Default RE: Why do some of you even hunt?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You guys with seemingly "unlimited" bag limits.....do you not have daily bag restrictions?
Nope, not MO or IL.Unlimitedantlerless tags. Even holds for many parts of MO for rifle season.

I think the real answer to the original question is the fact that ifthe limit was one deer, the hunting would certainly be much more challenging than what manyof us encounter today...so yes, I would hunt to kill one deer. I can remember well the times in MO in which we werelimited to onebow kill before rifle and then allowed another afterwards. I can also say that it doesn'ttake much to kill a deerwith a bow in MO anymore...I genuinely expect to kill a deer everytime I get in a stand. Doesn't always happen...obviously, but the expectation is there.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Thinking about it, I have no issue with the amount of deer I can legally shoot. I just wish they provided more time.I'm primarily a weekend hunter due. I have three weddings during the Rut, and countless other activities. Maybe I need to move out west and forget everyone back here...
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of us are fortunate to have other things like Grouse to hunt.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

After reading that dumb regulations threadI am confused as to why some of you even hunt. Some of you guys are limited to one deer. If that's not enough, some retarded states won't even let you hunt on a Sunday. [&:]

If my state were anything like that I wouldstart hunting in another state. I mean, how can 1 deer only rulekeep you engaged in a hobby? Literally, you guys might only hunt 1 day out of the year i.e. first day kill a buck or doe and then you're done.[:'(]

Not to brag, but inmy state (Oklahoma)we can bowhunt for105 days (No Sunday rule LMAO) take 2 bucks and 4 does. I guess my question is why do you even bother if you can only take one deer and have restricted days of the week? All of that money, time, gear etc.. for one deer.[&:]Not to mention, we have a 16 day gun season and a decent blackpowder season too.
"Why do some of you even hunt?"

Because some of us get it!
I get it, you will allude to the fact that it's just be out there. I understand that, I really do. However, why not take up hiking or camping? As a true hunter your goal has to be to take an animal, or at least to have a solid opportunity to do so.

I compare it to fishing. As a fisherman I want the chance to at least get a bite versus just dangling my line in a pond with no fish. Part of it's being outdoors, but the other part is having ample chances to catch something too.

I enjoy being outdoors also, but as a hunter I want the opportunity to get something. I think a lot of guys might be lying to some degree if they say it's not about getting something. We all want to get something or we wouldn't be out there.

Oh well, if you're content with the constraints your state has placed on you who am I to argue? However, as a true hunter I'm glad I don't have to face that garbage.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i am like you and lucky as for deer bow season starts oct first i can hunt sunrise to sunset 7 days a week from oct 1 to jan 6th. we lose 6 days at the end of gunseason but i gun hunt so no biggy.

I could not deal with no sundays one deer i would move quickly
Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

You guys with seemingly "unlimited" bag limits.....do you not have daily bag restrictions?
Nope, not MO or IL.Unlimitedantlerless tags. Even holds for many parts of MO for rifle season.

I think the real answer to the original question is the fact that ifthe limit was one deer, the hunting would certainly be much more challenging than what manyof us encounter today...so yes, I would hunt to kill one deer. I can remember well the times in MO in which we werelimited to onebow kill before rifle and then allowed another afterwards. I can also say that it doesn'ttake much to kill a deerwith a bow in MO anymore...I genuinely expect to kill a deer everytime I get in a stand. Doesn't always happen...obviously, but the expectation is there.
HAHAHAHAHA. That's funny. Here in PA you can get in a stand four different "perfect" days and never even see a deer! You people have no idea how lucky you are to have so much opportunity.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

The way our “unlimited” doe tags are written is such that….(not quoted word for word)
Any individual can purchase and “unlimited” amount of tags at $6 each until the allocation for that unit is exhausted. I think my unit gets allotted around 65K tags. I don’t believe they sell out of the allotment. As of today I could walk over to the courthouse, plop down 6 grand and walk out with 1000 doe tags. They change the laws seemingly every year, but I believe we are under the regulation, that you can keep killing as many does in one day as long as you tag the 1st one before you go to the next one.
I was at Norristown (Mont Co) courthouse today. I only bought3 tags though. WMU 5-D almost neversellsall the tags. Yea, 3 antlerless tags, and a buck tag ought to keep me busy.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

from what i was told there is no daily limit in indiana
ORIGINAL: DoePeeSteve

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

HAHAHAHAHA. That's funny. Here in PA you can get in a stand four different "perfect" days and never even see a deer! You people have no idea how lucky you are to have so much opportunity.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

South Dakota has 21 different species of wild game to hunt. We can shoot multiple deer, but we have other things to hunt as well. Pheasant hunting capital of the world, great duck and goose hunting opportunities, antelope, some elk hunting, other upland birds, and nearly everything in between.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I started Bowhunting in 1956 it was 1 Deer, either Sex. I have no problem with thatnor would I today. I ONLY Bowhunt biggame & have never purchased any Biggame gun tag-nothing wrong with it, I just love Bowhunting. Now, starting my 52 year.
I AM retired & basicallygo Bowhunting when the urge hits me. I am not out to FILL the freezer OR GET the BIGGEST head gear-I really do enjoy the solitude & ALL the things I see when in the field. Hunting has been a very large part of my life & NOW I am passing it on to my children AND Grandchildren that WANT to.
My MOST enjoyable times Bowhunting are when I can share the experience with my FAMILY & so many great friends I have made over the years. Nothing beats a campfire & who can tell the best story & make EVERYONE laugh the loudest.
Killing a ton of game isn't the name of the game-If it is, YOUR "MISSING" out on some of the best parts of a hunt. 1 tag or 10 makes no difference to me.
Oh, and there IS many, many other things to hunt YEAR ROUND.
This is a couple of them from my SUMMER time hunt in JUNE 08. Enjoy your season & hopefully, friends & family to go with you....

Quick Reply: Why do some of you even hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.