Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do some of you even hunt? >

Why do some of you even hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do some of you even hunt?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do some of you even hunt?

I got 5 tags this year, probably wont fill them all. But thats ok, its not all about the kill. Actually its not about the kill at all.

Man i just love being out there!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

In Virginia you cant hunt on Sunday. It sucks but you learn to live with it. But you can shoot as many Does as you want and 3 bucks and the season for me starts in sept and ends in March. But its not always about the kill. I usually pass up a ton of deer just trying to get that one big boy anyways, so I really dont care. Sometimes you get him sometimes you dont. For me its about the love of hunting. Granted i do travel out westa lot to hunt too.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting is better for me than being addicted to Cocaine
Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just like kicking everyone's asses in the bowhunting contest.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

NC.....if you were closer we'd get that kill for you THIS year......
ROADTRIP ! ! !! thanks though man. I've finally got a peice of ground that has tons of potential. It's a pumpkin farm and has a stream and oak hardwoods. Really nice.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

After reading that dumb regulations threadI am confused as to why some of you even hunt. Some of you guys are limited to one deer. If that's not enough, some retarded states won't even let you hunt on a Sunday. [&:]

If my state were anything like that I wouldstart hunting in another state. I mean, how can 1 deer only rulekeep you engaged in a hobby? Literally, you guys might only hunt 1 day out of the year i.e. first day kill a buck or doe and then you're done.[:'(]

Not to brag, but inmy state (Oklahoma)we can bowhunt for105 days (No Sunday rule LMAO) take 2 bucks and 4 does. I guess my question is why do you even bother if you can only take one deer and have restricted days of the week? All of that money, time, gear etc.. for one deer.[&:]Not to mention, we have a 16 day gun season and a decent blackpowder season too.
"Why do some of you even hunt?"

Because some of us get it!
I get it, you will allude to the fact that it's just be out there. I understand that, I really do. However, why not take up hiking or camping? As a true hunter your goal has to be to take an animal, or at least to have a solid opportunity to do so.

I compare it to fishing. As a fisherman I want the chance to at least get a bite versus just dangling my line in a pond with no fish. Part of it's being outdoors, but the other part is having ample chances to catch something too.

I enjoy being outdoors also, but as a hunter I want the opportunity to get something. I think a lot of guys might be lying to some degree if they say it's not about getting something. We all want to get something or we wouldn't be out there.

Oh well, if you're content with the constraints your state has placed on you who am I to argue? However, as a true hunter I'm glad I don't have to face that garbage.
robbycaymanor "true hunter"...I can shoot up to 5 deer in the area that I hunt.

Want to know what my goal is? One mature buck.One deeris all I can eat in a year.

If shooting six deer makes you feel like more of a big man than other hunters who are content with shooting one then so be it.

Why are you saying that people that only have one tag don't have an opportunity to get anything so they should take up hiking or something?

Are you getting the numbers "0" and "1" confused?

Some of us or more concerned about QUALITY not quanity.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

we are limited here on deer tags.. 1 then pay big $ for the second, non-resident fees, still even if I could only get 1 which is the way it was for years when I was growing up, It wouldnt keep me from hunting. One buck is better than 0 .. plus here we have the luxury of killing an elk, bear, turkey, antelope too while we are deer huntin'
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

MarquetteMagnum...you nailed it...thats it brother.