Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Greg Ritz said

Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Default RE: Greg Ritz said

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

He works for T/C, he's just pushing product...

When I put down my bow, I pick up a hand made .54 caliber flintlock, shooting .530 patched balls...I can put them in an inch and a half group at
50 yards and have killed deer out to 125 yards
...A properly tuned flintlock is light years ahead of a bow...

With an inline there is even more difference...
That's pretty impressive. I think the next gun I get will probably be .54 flintlock - one of the semi-finished kit style guns from BPS, Cabelas, etc.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year was my first year with a muzzleloader. I shot a nice buck at 15 yards, open sights, out of my bow stand in rifle season. I use it during rifle season here in NC. It is also nice to be out before the Orange Army slaughters everything in sight here.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

I either heard on a tv show or read in a magazine that Greg Ritz said that "muzzleloading was a mixture of bowhunting and rifle hunting... " something like that I think.

Do you agree?

When I first heard this I thought no way, but after I gave it some thought they are vaguely similar yet drastically different. One shot? Yes. "Primitave" weapon? Yes. Attention to detail? Sure. Equipment upkeep? Deffinitely.

Thoughts on this?
I saw Jim Shockey kill an animal from 260 yards with his muzzleloader.

Maybe this comparison makes a little more sense if they are using open sites on the muzzleloader?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

With old school style muzzleloaders i could agree with it. The new ones that can shoot 2-250 yards, thats the same as rifle hunting.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who's Greg Ritz?

And no, it's nothing like bowhunting other than a single shot at a time.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Greg Ritz is a tool on a whitetail hunting show on espn2 and I believe he is also the president of Thompson Center Arms, or one of the muzzleloading companies,
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: dmen

Greg Ritz is a tool on a whitetail hunting show on espn2 and I believe he is also the president of Thompson Center Arms, or one of the muzzleloading companies,
I didn't think he was the Prez but I could be wrong on that one. Either way definitely a tool
Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Dec 21, 2006 ... Gregg Ritz, Thompson/Center's president and CEO who will become president of Smith & Wesson's hunting line, said the purchase will help the ...

I guess he used to be president before it was bought out, either way I agreestill a tool
Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Who's Greg Ritz?

And no, it's nothing like bowhunting other than a single shot at a time.
I agree.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: dmen

Dec 21, 2006 ... Gregg Ritz, Thompson/Center's president and CEO who will become president of Smith & Wesson's hunting line, said the purchase will help the ...

I guess he used to be president before it was bought out, either way I agreestill a tool
I'll drink to that

Quick Reply: Greg Ritz said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.