Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thats it- I've had it- Its time to get dirty.

Personally, I think what we have here is a classic case of a guy who just can't get along with people, and has snowed himself into believing that other people are the only thing keeping from having his name entered in the BC record books. Meanwhile, that couldn't be any further from the truth. To find the real reason for his empty gameroom walls, he should look no further than his bathroom mirror.
Oh snap...i couldnt agree more
Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Lets look at some of these examples to see why Droptine is so mad.....even though it is "just" deer hunting, we work so hard at it sometimes that it feels like we are training for the Olympics...

Would you be as mad as droptine if you experienced this:

1) Everytime you loaded your family into the car to go to church Sunday morning, someone blatantly popped your tires so you could not attend

2) You were training for the Olympics and were a month out....everytime you put your backpack in the lockers, someone stole all of your vitamins, minerals, and training aides

3) You were a professional fisherman...everytime you set out to go fishing, someone poured salt into your engine and you had to pay for it to get fixed

4) You picked your daughter up from the recreation center, and everytime you went to pick her up, someone was smoking outside and blowing the smoke every which way without regard to her health...even when you asked them to please stop over and over

5) Your neighobor hated hunting, so everytime you left your hunting clothes outside to air out...they poured urine on them.........

Those guys that are doing that to droptine need to get their you know what handed to them and the cops need to look the other way. No rigging for a broken neck, just possibly a broken nose or ribs.
Not a single one of those examples justify becoming a vigilante. Sorry guys. The only time I would use force against someone is if they were physically harming me me or a loved one.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

1) Everytime you loaded your family into the car to go to church Sunday morning, someone blatantly popped your tires so you could not attend

Establish an alarm system on my property.

2) You were training for the Olympics and were a month out....everytime you put your backpack in the lockers, someone stole all of your vitamins, minerals, and training aides

Get a better locker/surveillance equipment.

3) You were a professional fisherman...everytime you set out to go fishing, someone poured salt into your engine and you had to pay for it to get fixed

See no. 1 and no. 2.....i.e. locking gas cap.

4) You picked your daughter up from the recreation center, and everytime you went to pick her up, someone was smoking outside and blowing the smoke every which way without regard to her health...even when you asked them to please stop over and over

If it's illegal for them to be smoking ,there.....I'd photo them smoking there and turn them in (if it really bothered me that much). If it wasn't illegal....I'd tell my daughter to stay away from smokers (and likely tell her to do this even if it was illegal for them to smoke, there. We run into this all the time in restaurants).

5) Your neighobor hated hunting, so everytime you left your hunting clothes outside to air out...they poured urine on them.........

See no. 1.
Admittedly....I'm not above firing a warning shot, either on MY property. Full discosure.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is more drama in this guys life than in Brittany Spears' life!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

There is more drama in this guys life than in Brittany Spears' life!
lmao!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM

So how big of an "area" did you "secure"? seriously bro, step back and look at how you are approaching this whole thing...hoarding other hunters out of an area that they used to hunt, admitting they may be taking the stands thinking you are indeed the tresspasser. if you know who it is, confront them. If not, well then all these accusations of who is scum and who is innocent are guesses anyway.

BTW, rigging someone to fall from 20'+ will hurt more than his pride, bank on it.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

I can see where he is coming from, as I am sure most combat vets could. I do suffer from forms of paranoia,at times I am very confrontationalas welland it is not fun. I am sure if his combat experience is as he says it is he probably has PTSD like myself and many others..I take plenty of medication to help with it but sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it doesn't control my anger,but so far I have been able to vent without letting my anger get the best of me, but it is hard.I am not making excuses I just hope people can look at the whole picture before forming thier opinions on people.

Seriously, this is coming from a guy who has more confrontations with so-called"trespassers" and stolen gear in one year than most of us have had inour entire lives. Some people justlook for trouble, and suffer from paranoid delusions that the world is out to get them.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Paranoid delusions ? Please, dude, please. I served 3 combat tours in Irag and Afganistan....I'm not paranoid about much of anything.
Enough said. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone, you've already done that -and then some.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.