Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ethics,are they personall >

Ethics,are they personall

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethics,are they personall

Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ethics,are they personal

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

On this one, I feel stems from yearsof moral ethics going down hill. What would have been un-ethical 10 years ago is considered ethical or the "norm"today not only in hunting but also in everyday life. I also believe in "general" ethics will be different depending on the age of the person in question, not for everyone but for the most part. I also believe that as hunters we have a different set of ethics than say the non hunting population and that spills overinto our everyday lives. There are always going to be the folks that just have NO moral ethics, whether it be taughtfrom there parents or just by the nature of the person. I believe in general on this site you will find that most have better than average moral ethics.....Kudo's to all you guys and gals for that too, as in this day and time there is a lot to be said for having a set of moral ethics.....OK ...Now let's talk hunting!!!

I challenge you to go look at some old footage of Fred Bear and some of his shots.Many of his shots were completely unethical in todays world.What is considered ethical shots are tightening up,not loosening up.IMHO
No challenge necessary!

T- I won't argue the fact you stated about Fred Bear, he was a extremest for sure and an awesome one at that.

I was referring to thegeneral population as a whole.

As Ihighlighted above that I feel hunters have a higher standard of ethics than say the general population.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ethics,are they personal

i know the shots i can and cannot make i take neck shots nothing but kills using them i dont look for this shot but if they present a shot without a shot at the lungs i"lltake it.
wont shot a walking deer done it twice and two gut shots,and i hate gutting a gut shot deer plus its a slow death so i find it unethical for me to shoot a moving deer but i wont judge others by my ethics.