Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit  "deer deck lite" >

Summit "deer deck lite"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit "deer deck lite"

Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit "deer deck lite"

SUMMIT DEER DECK LITE Anyone have experience with this stand.....its an aluminum stand....with a fairly big platform 24 x 28 3/4 is still light at 12 lbs..

one question i have is....does it have a platform leveling system....the catalog doesnt say that i have. but it looks like it does...there are what look like Tracks on the seat so you can adjust it. butis there a built inadjustment for the platform????

nevermind i found a pic i downloaded the manual (heres a diffferentpic)....looks like im gonna have to pick one of these up....looks like the bestbang for the buck for $150nice combination of features.

theres little notches in the bracket that the cable ends go into.

anyone use the stand have comments???

looks like the seat doesnt fold up....does it get in the way????
Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Summit "deer deck lite"

if you are looking at summit stands, i would consider the copperhead compact. Extremely comforatable, 12 lbs, and super easy to setup. just my opion.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It does have a leveling feature, but it doesn't really allow for a TON of movement, but it will give you more flexibility of trees with the movement it gives.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the DD lite last season, it is very easy to set up, good straps nad it does level a bit but like anything you have to pick a sensible tree to hang or climb. I have had summit stand for 8-10 years and love every single one, quiet, lite, and comfortable. Good stand for sure. Godd luck man
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

seriosuly look at the summit copperhead.......
Old 09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

i looked at the copperhead on the website
thanks guys i didnt download the manual so im not sure how the "Quick mount" or whatever they call it works but:

the funny thing about the copperhead is...

i didnt know anyone made the quick connect setup like that where you put the strap on the tree and hang the stand fromsome kind ofmount.

i actually had rough plans of a simular ideadrawn up...and was gonna give it to my buddy at a machine shop to fabricate....

its a good idea.....and would make hanging a stand easier in some situations.....
i havesome bigger stands thatare in the 20 lbs range and aukward.....and sometimes they are a real pain to hang/get situated in some trees. i think the "quick mount" deal would be the way to go.

i dont really need a stand for backpacking and moving because i have so many(mostly gorrila cheapos...wich are great for the price...easy to hang)... that i hang them and leave them there...i hunt private ground so im spoiled.

i wish i could look at them both before purchasing but its not an option for me....i dont need the stand for this year tho...i have one stand thats pretty beat up and i dont like it too much...that needs replaced after this season

but it looks like once again i got beat to the punch with an idea....this time by summit. anyother stands have something simular for a mount????
Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Lone Wolf Alpha and Assault have the Ezy hang system, which is similiar.