Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Wear your Harness or Vest- I just fell !

Glad you are still kickin!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure that ratchet strap is treestand rated? I wont buy any wratchet strap that isnt treestand rated. I always use two straps on my gorilla even though it comes with an excellent seat belt material strap and my other hang ons I use a chain and two wratchet straps. You can never be too careful when up in a stand, Im glad you were wearing your harness. Please for thoes that dont wear them, heres the reason you do wear them and should be wearing them. id hate to come on here one day and find out we lost someone from this site because they were too stubourn to wear a climbing/safety harness. That would tare most of us up on here
Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm thankfull you are OK. And way to be smart by wearing your safety equipment!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear that you didn't get seriously hurt...just makes me wonder whether i should use my climber all season...you never know whats gonna happen
Old 09-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Glad your ok but now that you've feel it proves your careless and have no business in a tree. Stay on the ground and be the best at it. Falling is only one of the ways people get seriously injured in a tree so...

Why don't we ever hear "I fell, stay on the ground"? Way too many people have no business being intrees that are.

If you can do 5 pull ups you might be eligble to climb trees. Why do you think so many sit and climbs are sold? And sit and climbs for the big boy is just plain rediculous unless you can carry that bulk. I mean no offense. Somebodys got to say it! Spend some time on roofs as high as you go. Do stuff up there you'll soon learn how easy it is to loose sight of were the edge is. Now look at the size of the base of a stand. You don't have a lot of roof infront of you to tell you your getting close. It just isn't worth it. We have a highly paid doc around here who just fell changing a light bulb, darn near ruined his life. Makes you wonder just how much does it cost to change a light bulb?

I don't think I've ever read where Chuck Adams ever sat in a tree.
Nodog...are you freaking retarded or just out of your damn mind?

First off- the strap broke....I didnt "slip and fall"...No control over that.
"out of my mind" I'm not the one who fell. When I do feel free to insult me.

Your responsibility to check it. What else isn't checked? That's my point. If a strap isn't checked how is a harness going to be? Once people get used to them they won't be checked either.

Your yelling at me isn't going to change a thing and I stand by my comments. And FWIW my comments are for all, they just happen to be in your post and I've said them before. Just maybe it will cause some to be more carefull so "retards" like me wont give them the businesss.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: concordmountaineer

I use a climber and I put my harness on during the climb up, but I'm not connected to the tree until I reach my desired height. After I get up as high as I want, the first thing that I do is connect myself to the tree, then i raise my bow and pack up to me. Taking myself loose from the tree is the last thing I do before I start to climb down. I never, ever stand up in my stand without wearing my harness. I wish I had a way to connect myself while I climb up and down but I'm not aware of a way. The only harnesses I've ever used just has the single strap that goes around the trunk of the tree above your head, that you connect your harness too with the strap on your back.
I attach my harness to the strap around the tree once I'm in the climber and start up, as I move up the tree I move the belt up the tree...I don't take the strap from around the tree until I'm ready to exit the stand after climbing down...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you are ok, and I am glad I just bought a new vest style harness. get back on that horse now and ride.