Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Wear your Harness or Vest- I just fell !

I even Climb with mine on now ! takes a little longer but not that much longer and it may save me from a fall one day!

Brother I am so glad that 14 stitches is all you got out of the whole deal , could have been much worse, glad you are ok.

Ron
Old 09-03-2008, 03:16 PM

Ohbowhntr, you better start using it in your climber or may not ever reach an older age dude.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey man, glad you are ok.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Glad your alright with no major damage. You should try soaking that thing in Jack Daniels, from the inside of coarse.
Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank God your ok Anthony!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

man glad your ok, but whats up with everyone gettin hurt lol
Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Waaaaaay tooooo many guys getting hurt right before huntin season guys. Lets all be careful out there.[]
Old 09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear you are ok. We all need to be very carefull while climbing into a tree. No matter what, make sure you are safe and people know when you are whenever you go into the woods. I nearly lost my life by getting injured in the woods and was very fortunate to make it out alive. I have scares to prove it! No messing around here guys, you need to take it very seriously!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

DropTine, Glad you are ok. most don't get a second chance when they fall without a safety system of some sort.

OHbowhntr, I hope you rethink your positionabout a harness with a climber. Anything can happen out there.

I spent 20 years climbing and pruning trees for a livingand I can tell you there where a number of falls over the years (people I worked with or knew in the buisness) and only one was not pemently damage or diabled from the fall.The lucky onewas 22 years old and I guess god had other plans for him, he was badly bruised and had a broken arm. I guess you cancall that lucky.

Stay safe, hunt smart, tie in.

Paul
Old 09-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Spike

I use a climber and I put my harness on during the climb up, but I'm not connected to the tree until I reach my desired height. After I get up as high as I want, the first thing that I do is connect myself to the tree, then i raise my bow and pack up to me. Taking myself loose from the tree is the last thing I do before I start to climb down. I never, ever stand up in my stand without wearing my harness. I wish I had a way to connect myself while I climb up and down but I'm not aware of a way. The only harnesses I've ever used just has the single strap that goes around the trunk of the tree above your head, that you connect your harness too with the strap on your back.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.